logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#859603 03/17/14 11:14 PM
OP Offline
I am so excited to find a board on soapmaking. I have made soaps in the past but very little. Over the last several months, I have been really studying the soapmaking with a passion and have been collecting all the supplies to get it going full swing.

I hope that we can get this board revived because I am certain that I will be having a lot of questions about it once I get making my first few batches again.

A book that I've been reading on the subject suggests that you only use essential oils in your soap as other fragrance oils lose their scent more quickly. Does anyone here find that to be true.?

Look forward to any helpful posts on this subject and once again, so excited to find this board!

I even crochet in my sleep!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
J
Yes,it is true that essential oils are the best way to scent your batches of soap. They do last longer and that is important if you sell your soaps because they may sit for awhile before the whole batch sells. If they loose their fragrance they will not sell. At least that has been my experience.

OP Offline
Thanks for the reply Jacqueline. I'm assuming since you said you've had experience with the soaps not selling that you are also a soapmaker. That's great!

Do you have any creative ways that you wrap or present your soaps? I am a computer graphic designer and was considering making my own decorative paper in which to wrap my soaps. Just curious if you've tried doing something different with the wrapping part.

Have a blessed day and looking forward to hearing about your soapmaking endeavors.

Peg

I even crochet in my sleep!
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
What essential oils are you using that last longer in soap? I always liked to use essential oils in soap, but from what I remember, some of the oils couldn't make it through the soap making process, whereas many of the fragrances could.
I like essential oils, though. If I am going to take my time to make soap, I want it to be full of the ingredients I really like.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
there are a few soapmakers still around here - so post away in this forum!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I would like to make my own soap. I met a woman last year in Prescott, Arizona that is a soapmaker and gave her the web address of this BellaOnline site. I was hoping that she'd been posting.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
M
M
I haven't made soap in several years but I just downsized from 3 to 2 chest freezers and realized I have several ice cream buckets of lard left from the last pig. So, once the weather cools down I'm going to try to remember how I did it. We raised 7 kids using homemade soap, but I didn't always have success. I was making plain soap, just lard, lye, and water (money being a big issue). Now my youngest is 20 and everyone is off to college/deployed/married, so I'll have time to experiment with frills like scent!

Last edited by Mochilee; 08/19/15 04:54 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.