#846974 12/04/13 10:04 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Men who don't buy gifts for their wives aren't exactly thoughtless but it helps to understand just what they're thinking after all.

Husband Never Buys Gifts

Does your husband buy you gifts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Very interesting article. I can see why some men fall into the categories you describe, but I don't think I could be married to someone who didn't see the importance of exchanging gifts.

We just had great fun buying each other Hanukkah gifts - little things from the dollar store for the first seven nights, and something more important for the last night - that's tonight! Even if it only costs a dollar, a gift is a sign that you know each other and what the other would enjoy receiving.

I think people's take on gift giving is another one of those things that should be out in the open well before you get married.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Thanks for reading, Grace. Sorry for the formatting errors. I fixed them.

It's wonderful that you and your husband delight in giving each other gifts!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Mine brings home little surprises here and there, a good deal of the time. I'd never thought about it in depth, though, as in what happens if there's nothing. Not even those little things.

I'm not talking "SURPRISE 2 TICKETS TO ARUBA!!!" Which in my opinion, is not the time to be taking expensive trips in the first place (that's another topic) but the little things.

For instance, I LOVE PIZZA! As a surprise, my husband will pick up a pizza after his 11 - 12 hr shift and walk in the door like a waiter, lol, w/it.

Sometimes, he'll stop off at the groccer's and next door pick up a small candle or package of my favorite scents.

It's never too late even if you don't do these things and really, it can go both ways if you've that type of relationship where the partner, likes or appreciates small things.

I explained something once to my husband and he actually understood it. I said,

"You know, when you've decided to spend your life w/someone and you're the only one a person wants to be with, there's a part of us that's a reflection in your eyes. When that fades, or there's an indication of being taken for granted, a part inside fades because you want to be, to an extent, important enough to your partner, to see with, even if it's just a look or smile (it doesn't have to cost money), but something that shows you're still glad to be where and with whom you are wink

Last edited by Elleise - Clairvoyance; 01/08/14 01:58 PM.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Amoeba
Amoeba
Hi Lori,

Gift giving is one of the 'love languages' mentioned in Gary Chapman's book which I recommend. You are right that many men (but women also) don't necessarily think of giving a gift as an expression of love OR they figure once they are married that they need to be more practical than that.

While it's tempting to focus on getting what you feel like you need from your marriage -- gifts or some display of affection, it's usually more productive to figure out what your spouse views as an expression of love and try to provide that first. If you are lucky, he will chose to reciprocate and you can then suggest what you'd really appreciate.

Yes, there is marriage counseling, but most men require wild horses to drag them to it.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.