Next Thread
Print Thread
Q
Quadira Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Q
Now that you've re-organized your pantry, it's time to tackle the refrigerator. Not a favorite job of mine, either, yet quite necessary to keep your foods fresh and your fridge smelling sweet and clean. I find it best to just plunge in and do the whole thing in one go.

Time to Organize Your Fridge

Caitlin McLeod
Home
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
I'm so glad I read the article "Time to Organize Your Fridge" before I began preparing our dinner this evening! Without your reminder that all sorts of leftovers can be used in soup, it probably wouldn't have even crossed my mind as an option for the bits and pieces in my fridge! Leftover roasted beets, carrots and beet greens are not traditional soup ingredients, but they were quickly chopped into bite sized pieces, then added to organic chicken broth (a staple in my pantry) along with the remains of the rice pilaf from yesterday. Five minutes to prepare, about 10 minutes of simmering on the stovetop, and then I seasoned the broth with some salt and pepper. The result: an wonderfully flavorful and beautiful ruby red soup to serve tonight! What a shame it would have been to simply rewarm or throw those leftovers away! Thanks for the inspiration!

Q
Quadira Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Q
Good to hear how you used up leftovers for a yummy-sounding soup! Isn't it amazing what new dishes we can come up with by trying out new combinations of ingredients? I invite you to try adding unexpected herbs and spices to your soups, too–experiment!

Enjoy your feast!

Caitlin McLeod
Home
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I wish I could jump in and do it all. I have to take a shelf at a time, lol.

But, you're right. Pantry first.

But from there, I realized the fridge...

I never do anything in order. Why? Have no idea. But I chose the middle round thingy in the middle.

And just today I showed my husband (I'm proud of the little things, lol, but seriously). He's like, "God I'm glad you did that, I was scared to look under the top two layers. Did you find anything scary?"

I said, "NooOOooo...it's not THAT bad, just a few expiration dates and for me I decided to do what's best. It took me an hour, but I laid the packages out (in the fridge) and put the open ones on top and the "furry ones" in the garbage" grin

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Q
Quadira Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Q
Whatever works for you, Karen! Glad you're getting your kitchen back under control, doesn't that feel good? Enjoy the cleaner spaces!

Caitlin McLeod
Home

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.