#844269 11/01/13 10:08 AM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Okay so this is my brag thread! Let's brag about our spouses!

My husband just launched his new photography site. He began taking pics as a hobby just a short while ago but his eye for beauty merged with his technical skills and-- voila--he's already taking professional quality pics!

Please check out some of his work:

Scott Phillips Photography

Your turn: What's so great about your spouse?

Last edited by Lori - Marriage; 11/01/13 10:09 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
No one has anything to toot about?

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
He makes a mean bowl of Texas red chili. A huge pot is simmering on the stove and I can't wait to try some with some grated Cheddar and chopped onions.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is kind a cool!

I just made Texas Chili, last night, pot simmering and all. I like the cheese, tomato, onion on top as well.

I was curious to see if I could actually do it from start to finish w/all dried beans and frozen veggies left from Summer.

My husband always tells me the truth and he said, it was one of the best pots I've made. It was an experiment, to see if we had to, use all ingredients I had in storage.

Hey, maybe this is Akashic stuff too smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I guess I should have read the thread title...ADD moment.

I have not just a toot, but a BLOW-HORN!

Husband went from homeless (literally) we both were, to walking through a blizzard to find us shelter. From there, he was able to get any job. Nothing was beneath him.

He worked at Mcdonald's. He's a General Manager by resume, but he didn't care. He started at $8.00/hr.

He's now top of his class going to College and has been promoted 3 x's in the last yr. 1/2.

His co-workers, well...don't know how to say this, but I guess (I'm trying to be delicate) well they've been there for 5,6,7, yrs and they want the positions he was getting and REALLY gave him a hard time at work.

But the truth is, his work and theirs? Well, they kind of just show up for a paycheck and do as little as possible. He'd do not only HIS work, but go over and do theirs as well. Just for the well-being of the Co.

That's something, that seems to be really hard for this generation to wrap their heads around. Laziness, it just doesn't pay, internally or ex confused

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi Elleise. Sorry I don't check in here as often as I used to. I resigned from both editor positions but my name still appears. I hope that doesn't discourage applicants!

In any case, I wanted to comment about your husband: What a man! What character and integrity! You have every right to feel proud of him.

This is true worth, Elleise. A quality human being. You are blessed to have him as your life partner. smile

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
That reminds me of our early marriage days when we were struggling to make ends meet with three little ones (all under the age of four years) and two were medically fragile.

Even though I had more education and career experience, my husband wanted me to stay home with our kids (and frankly, I wanted to!) so he worked two jobs...and then a third cleaning a dock on the weekends. This was a young man who had no college degree but a strong work ethic.

He honestly should have gone to college because he is brilliant. But cream always rises to the top: He taught himself all about computers and networking and now has his own IT company (with three partners).

I am so grateful to him for all his years of hard, back-breaking work. He gave me the immeasurable gift of time with my children (one of whom died at 12 due to his terminal disorder).

Sometimes, I get so annoyed with him for stuff but then I remember what a great man he is. It was his love and devotion that kept us together. I so do not deserve him. But I do love him with all of my heart and soul.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.