Print Thread
Page 32 of 103 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 102 103
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
In other news, the activity for the day will be totally free. I have a parks pass, and we are all going to Cabrillo National Monument. so that is helpful. I'm really glad the parks are open again.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
So today worked out okay. Dan and I ate our fish tacos (taco tuesday pricing) and each had a happy hour pint of beer. So that really was pretty inexpensive, and this was for a special family occasion.

The park was free with my parks pass, and we really enjoyed doing all the activities they had and spending time with my family. I bought a magnet for $3, which was a totally unnecessary expense, but since we didn't drive our car, we saved more than that on gas. I collect magnets, but am really selective about the ones I get, and this was a nice-looking one.

Coming home, my mother and I walked around her pool for an hour and talked (free fitness and social time).

Then I did some reading and posting online, and will trade backrubs with Dan tonite (all free).

Tomorrow there are a ton of things to do, and i expect we will spend some money at CVS, pay an electric bill, and use some gas to get to AAA for a free Triptik and a notary signature. But we also plan to walk along the bay, which is fun and free.

How are you guys feeling about your expenses these days?

Today, I had to fix the bills and then grabbed some lunch and chocolates for the kids (not mine)

Today, I had to fix the bills and then grabbed some lunch and chocolates for the kids (not mine)

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
This is weird...why is/are things posting twice?

But anyway, I didn't spend money to day.

In fact, I found a nickel and received 5 for doing a survey. It was sort of an uncanny and unexpected surprise, so I just put it in a "rainy-day" jar or change jar and cash the little things in, here and there.

It irritates my husband a little - I think it's frustrating, wanting a certain way of life all at once, but be careful what you wish for.

In small increments those little things really add up and you don't have to give those types of things away or sell your Soul to the "Devil..." so to speak smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Karen, i love finding and saving change. Even finding a penny makes my day. I often have dreams where I find change in the road, and they are good dreams. :-)

In fact, what i bought today from a thrift store was a used change sorter. it has test tube-like things that you load the change into, and then it tells you how many dollars it has become. I love it. It was $3.23 with tax.

It seems silly to spend money on something to save money, but I hope ultimately it will encourage dan to save his change, so that he will see that change becomes actual cash with very little effort.

I also picked up two pretty storage boxes for Dan, since he feels like his misc items are everywhere. At the thrift store, they came to $6 for both, and he was really pleased to get the gift. He's already happily filling his boxes up. :-)

So that is $8.23, with no gas used (went in my mother's car with her).

I didn't go to AAA and CVS today, since we are waiting around for someone from craigslist to come and buy our mini-fridge.

I do need to call the electric company in AZ, since there is a disconnect notice due if I don't pay that by tomorrow. So it is a good thing the mini-fridge sold.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/04/13 04:30 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I found a dime today, and a quarter on the sidewalk yesterday.

Spent? I ordered a magnifying loupe on amazon today, and a gram measurement scale - both came to around $6 with the shipping.

Yesterday I went out with my niece to a bar and spent $23 - a big expense for me. But also a rare occasion, so i won't beat myself up about it.

The day before I spent 16 on a used desk and chair to use while i am here in orlando, and spent $2 on a bag of books.

While i was traveling out here, though, I spent nothing. My gas was paid for, and I used food stamps for food during my cross country drive. We also slept in the car, so we didn't have to get a hotel room. So that was a week without expenses. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hopefully I won't have any expenses today. I might want to take my MIL to the $2 book bag sale. If I do another bag of books, I will pay for it with the change I have been sorting through (zinc pennies).

Koala
Koala
Dear Jilly,

Finally bought myself real eyeglasses today.They are a beautiful dark to medium blue.Total price under $300.00

Loong.
Son of the Universe.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Jilly, zinc pennies might be worth a few dollars each.

Page 32 of 103 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.