Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 55 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 54 55
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
I wouldn't mind reviewing, Lisa smile that sounds like it'd be a fun read. Are you looking just for feedback you can implement by the end of this weekend?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Awesome Leif - what format would you prefer? I can send just about any kind.

I want any and all feedback you can provide. The beauty of the self publishing world is that I can update it whenever I want. So even if you sent me feedback two weeks from now, I could still integrate it and pop up a new version.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
.ODT would work best for me (I use Open Office), otherwise either a PDF or .DOC file. I once got to watch a friend overcome her fear of snakes. If it happens again, maybe I can offer some of your advice!

Good point, that's quite a strength smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Leif -

ODT it is. I'll send that along! Thanks so much smile.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Birch Blackguards is at 184 pages, 48,000 words. Reaching the end of my #nanowrimo project. Just two more days.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bob interrupted my writing last night to take me out to dinner, so I only got to 190 pages / 50k words in my #nanowrimo project. That means I have to finish chapter 30 and write chapter 31 today, to wrap up the story. I can do it! smile What are you working on?

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Awesome, Lisa. And I really enjoyed Conquering Your Fear of Spiders. I put a review on Amazon. I hope you have a lot of success with it. It is great to help others out. Hopefully, many people will be able to conquer their fear.

Now, I have a question. I have several short mystery stories I wrote years ago. They are around 3,000 words each. Three are with the same characters. The others are different characters. I want to publish them as Ebooks.

Should I put several together as one book? Keep them separate? Is 3,000 words too short an ebook? Also, they are a little dated since they were written in the early 90's. Should I refresh them or publish them as "vintage" or 90's mysteries? Also, would I make chapters or just let the book flow through?

Thanks for the help and feedback.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thank you so much, Sandra. I'm glad you liked it!

Our fears in life hold us back. They prevent us from doing things we want, and they cause our bodies harm with stress. And it's all "in our head". It's well worth it for us to work on those fears, and to move past them. After all, we only have one life - why waste any hour of it in a needless upset state?

I just did a test and it looks like 3,000 words is about four pages of text. In my mind that's a bit short to sell as an ebook. A user might balk at that being "all they got" for their 99 cents (the cheapest you can sell one for).

What I would do is bundle the three same-character ones together as a set. That's now twelve pages which is a good length. It'll have a title page and intro text and then biography at the end, so probably say 16-18 pages in the end. That will be nice. And people will get a "full experience". Start with that and see how it goes. Then you can do a bundle of three related (not necessarily same-character) stories for the next set, and so on. Design the covers and so on so it's clear they're all part of an overall "set" to encourage people to buy them all.

It's fine that they don't share the same characters - my medieval novels are all separate characters. They're all still part of a set.

You definitely want "heading 1" tags for each new story. They're not chapters in a book - but they are each a new heading, with its own table of contents entry.

I'm not sure what the dated concern is. If they're set in the 90s, that is great. People love reading novels set in other times. Just make it clear with some sort of reference, early in the story, when it's set, so they get that sense of place and time.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Lisa,

I'd like to read the Spider book, and would review on Amazon this weekend. PDF is best for me if that's okay.

I'm interested to see if there are some transferable techniques to use for other fears - I'm struggling with fear of driving right now.

Thanks,

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you for the feedback, Lisa. I'll start working on formatting my Ebooks.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Page 6 of 55 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 54 55

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.