logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#834833 08/25/13 04:02 AM
OP Offline
Do you feel more restaurants should off a No-Kids policy during dinner hours. What kind of advice would you give restaurants?

No Kids Restaurants

Patricia Pedraza-Nafziger
Married No Kids Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Even as a parent, I would agree with this article Patricia.

Hubby and I often go out on date nights, and we choose restaurants that are not "kid-friendly". Never-the-less, kids are brought in (and usually a few screaming babies as well) and the night gets ruined.

I'm sorry your cruise was such a disaster. I can't believe a dad just left his kids in a lounge by themselves! (Actually, yes I can).

"And the greatest of these is Love"
Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
OP Offline
Michelle:

It is particularly valuable to hear feedback from a parent. I tried to keep the article as objective as possible, but really do feel establishing Date Nights in Restaurants is a great way to satisfy more customers.

The cruise wasn’t so bad, we spent a lot of time off the ship exploring when we reach each destination, but on the ship, not as much fun. We hope to find adults-only cruise next time.

Thanks again for your input. :-)

Patricia

Married No Kids Editor
P
P
I thought this was a very interesting commentary about dining out. In talking with my parents, they completely agreed with the idea of spending a nice meal without children. There are some types of family restaurants that will always be fine for kids. If I go to one of these restaurants, I know that there will be kids. What I don't understand is why some people insist on bringing an ill-behaved child to a nice restaurant, geared mainly to adults. I think that some restaurants should have some type of no-child policy. If restaurants can implement the no-shirts, no-shoes, no-service policy, why can't even a few implement no-kids-under-12 policy?

Last edited by P_W_M; 08/25/13 04:31 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Couldn't agree more, Patricia. I think your idea to make the kids' menu unavailable after a certain time is a good one, although it does happen that parents will order for themselves and then feed the kids a bit from their meals. You have to wonder why restaurants allow that?!

My husband and I went out recently to a nice restaurant that doesn't have a kids' menu at all, and were seated near a family with three children, two of whom were under four years old and the older one about six. The parents had ordered a starter as the oldest child's meal, and asked for spare plates for the younger ones to have a share of their food. Of course, all three of them were soon running up and down, playing loud games of chase, and the parents weren't bothered. We thought the staff might say something, but it was a relatively quiet night so they didn't bother either. The family eventually went home at nearly 10pm - far too late for those children, and of course our evening was spoiled.

I didn't think of it right at the time, but later decided that if such a thing happened again I would write to the restaurant manager to complain, and say we would not eat there again. Maybe if more people complained something would be done. We didn't complain there and then because we were a bit cowardly, I suppose, and because you never know if things could turn really nasty.

Sorry your cruise was spoiled, Patricia. I hope you find a good adults only one next time.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
We have a sushi restaurant here with a no kids policy, and it is making money hand over fist. When they first opened it, a bunch of mommy groups protested and tried to get a court order requiring them to allow children, but it was decided that because it was a private business, they could disallow whoever they wanted.

Hubby and I were at a local restaurant modeled after a french bistro when a mom and dad sat near us with their 2 kids. Kid 1 was screaming about how he hated the food and was refusing everything...kid 2 was running around the restaurant driving his toy car all over the decorations and tables. He gets to our table and spies the fruit and custard tart hubby and I were planning on splitting. The kid goes "What's that?" hubbs goes "Its a fruit tart." So the kid replies "Can I have a bite?" Hubbs says "no, that's ours...maybe your mom will buy you one..." To which the kid lets out a banshee scream. The mom gave us a death glare...but really, were we supposed to give her kid our dessert? One of the things I love about Hubbs is that he has no filter...when kids get out of control at restaurants, he doesn't bother the manager...he'll tell the mom to her face that she's a bad parent. smile

Koala
Koala
To Patricia,

Finally someone taking a stand.When I was ayoungster, our parents declared that we would not enter a restaurant before the age of 12.We were well brought up,and if one of us 3 kids would have ,moved,or talked loudly,all hell would have broken loose.

I have never had children.Like one of the posters,I do not refrain to tell parents to raise their kids right.

I am 5'6' weigh 165 pounds,last summer and winter,almost got into 3 fights with guys twice my size.They left,I must have something in my eyes when these things happen,oh yeah ,i'll be 67 in 3 days,still have the body of a 40 year old man.

No more kids please.
thank you.

loong

OP Offline
I honestly feel more restaurants will be implementing a No-Kids after 6:00 pm policy, not so much to please couples who prefer a more intimate setting, but because it's proving to a more profitable choice for restaurants. Perhaps with more exposure about the childfree, such as the recent Time Magazine article on A Childfree Life, and Katie Couric's show interviewing the Childfree, due to air this September, we may see more changes in the near future.

Married No Kids Editor
OP Offline
Hi Loong:

One thing I have discovered is the Childfree are passionate about being Childfree. Probably because we are in the minority and feel the stigma society projects upon us, it doesn't feel fair. I understand your frustration, but there is change in the air, and hopefully we will be better understood in the years to come.

Thanks for your feedback.

Married No Kids Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I was in a popular chain restaurant recently with an elderly woman. This place does not usually have a lot of young child activity. The waitress was going to seat us next to a table with two women and two noisy toddlers. Before we sat down I asked the waitress for another table away from the noise. She was not thrilled to have to find another table for us, but I knew I was going to be miserable listening to toddler banter for an hour or more. The waitress did find us a table in a quieter section of the restaurant. I got the feeling that at least one of the women knew I wanted to be moved because of the kids, but I did not care. It is my money and my dining experience.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.