I want to share something I penned tonight in regards to the verdict the nation has been on pins and needles about:

No matter what is said and done, we need to remember that violence NEVER solves anything. We need to remember a young man lost his life at the hands of another who went against what authorities told him to do. This isn't a conceal carry issue, this is a human issue. This is a violence issue. We need to stop and look and evaluate who we are as a society and as people. Do we counter violence with violence, or do we learn from the deeds of others and make a change. I support conceal carry laws that work. There has to be limits on when one can use a gun and "I feel my life is in danger" is not a blanket excuse to just shoot someone. There was real violence that night, and no matter who was screaming HELP over 40 seconds, people should have stepped up. If this would have been a black man shooting a hispanic/white boy, would things have been different? If the answer could possibly be YES, then we need to really evaluate our justice system and get answers.

But in the end, love and protect yourself. Help out each other. Give a damn for your fellow man no matter their age, race, religion, sexual orientation, or status in life. Life is too damn precious to be wasted like this. I pray for the families off all involved, and I pray for our society. I pray that we remain level headed and make real change, where it counts. Countering this verdict with violence will not solve the problem. Do it at the voting booth, at the community shelters and centers, at the after school programs. Educate yourself, and make REAL change!

Would it be different if we put Black Man shoots Gay White teem? or White man shoots Gay black teen?

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!