logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
I am exploring what Spirituality is and I would like to know what others do that makes them Spiritual. What do you do that makes you spiritual?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
I don’t believe that we must do anything to become spiritual. We can however be open to and learn to recognize our own spirituality. Each human being has a spirit. Some call the spirit the mind. The mind is mental functionality and restricted to that realm. The spirit is the spirits functionality and likewise pertaining to its own realm. Reiterating, the root word of spirituality is spirit.

It has nothing to do with religion and yet spirituality can be coupled with any belief system. Many people in defiance of any form of religion have in their understanding reduced the definition of spiritual to a tangible and very controlled substance that no longer exists when we physically die. That may however not be the case. Such determinations are very easy to speak and believe but in doing in-depth research one may find a different set of realities.

In studying such a subject an open mind must be utilized. When the mind is geared to allowing one perspective alone then no amount of additional learning or discovery will be tolerated by that mind. I have always been an inquisitive individual which has only enhanced my life and has broadened my acceptance of other cultures, people, and greater perspectives.

The research of this topic is fascinating and there is much written about it.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Because your spirit is deep within you, call it your mind, conscience, heart, soul, or whatever, you don't have to do much of anything except to become more aware of your inner voice that is always inside of you. It has been there before your physical birth and will go on after your physical death. Spirit is eternal and transcends death.

To connect with your inner being or spirit, you should make quiet time for yourself. You can meditate, or you can sit or walk out in nature, admire the living things around you, enjoy the sound of birds, breath in fresh air, and relax in the stillness. Nature is very healing and fortifies connections we have with the world around us. Quiet and stillness is a great way that people can tune in to their spirit. Removing distractions can bring you closer to your inner self. When there is only you that you are focused on, peace will come, answers will come, and joy will come. We are all filled with unconditional love and that will come forth if we make time for that connection, where there is an endless supply.

You don't have to always be quiet to be spiritual. That is just one way to tap into your inner being. You can do any number of activities that drive you, excite you, and give your life meaning. Some examples can be spending time with family and friends, volunteering to help those in need, attending religious services, taking part in sports, reading, gardening, singing, dancing, creating art......the list can go on and on. The important thing to remember is that it is not the activity that really matters, what matters is that you are connecting with your soul, connecting and finding a fire, joy, and peace. You must love yourself and nourish yourself.

Everyone has their own belief system and things they do to connect with their spirit. Doing things that have meaning for you will bring you contentment and improve the quality of your life. Being in a state of inner peace and joy is very spiritual.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
i use my spirit :)

T
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
T
I'm not sure that it's anything I do that makes me spiritual, probably more 'being' than doing - 'Be the change you wish to see'. For me, we are innately spiritual. It is who and what we are. Spiritual beings having a human experience.

It seems to me that we are the only species in the world born without knowing our purpose. Everything else knows instinctively, and gets on with it from birth. We may never know our purpose. Instead of searching for a purpose all the time, maybe we should embrace our perfection, and completeness as we are. Honor and love each other as a part of the living organism that is life.

I know that from sitting with my bees that allowing ourselves to be directed by our instincts keeps us in harmony. Although perceived separate, they work as one organism, and if any component is missing the hive doesn't function. They know what to do without direction, and work as a community. When anything interferes with that then they suffer.

I know there are times when I am more receptive to receiving direction, although there is nothing I 'do' to make that happen, it just happens naturally without effort. If I don't listen to my 'gut' I suffer.

Perhaps by embracing our uniqueness, while honoring our connectedness to all things, allows us to be humble, which in turn allows us to be more accepting of life. Fighting against everything doesn't acknowledge the completeness, and perfection of all things.

Maybe instead of 'trying' to be spiritual, we just let our true essence shine. Life seems to be about searching, to be better, when we are already the best we can be, and sadly don't know it.

G
G
It seems for me that spirituality is allowing myself to be more open to all possibilities that are available to me from a place of love and grace.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Tracy and golden feather.......you both offered some great comments. Thank you for sharing!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.