Next Thread
Print Thread
#812745 03/23/13 02:26 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
You might wonder why there's a need for an entire topic on this, but yes, there is... Find out why in this article.

Dumping Garbage In Japan

BTW, I've just changed jobs, moved house and all... So tired! Moving in Japan is such a pain in the neck. I'm still in Japan, but gonna be a solo English teacher at a junior high school, and now I live in Yokosuka City, not too far from Yokohama. Yoroshiku~

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow, you've been busy, Tas. :0

Moving is a pain but certainly more so in Japan.

The whole garbage system keeps things clean in Japan but one really has to get used to the schedule. My aunt is extremely fastidious about her trash. She washes it, including fast food wrappers, before throwing it out to keep away flies and bad smells. I agree it is nice to have clean trash but I guess I'm not willing to devote time and precious water to washing my trash. I just bag it tightly. (I guess I am a disgrace to my race!)

She's so strict about it that she wraps her chicken bones in plastic wrap first and I tell her that she is slowing down the decomposition of those bones and creating more plastic landfill waste but she doesn't care.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Yeah, and I expect to get a lot busier from next week when the real work starts kicking in. The Japanese are known for working till late at night, and due to the nature of my job, I'll have to do the same.

Well, it'll be a good experience for me in any case. Here's to 2 years of slogging like a dog~

Your aunt is really... unique. Trash is supposed to be dirty LOL

In Japan though, because you can't take out your trash anytime you like, you have to keep it in your house until the appropriate garbage collection day comes. So if I have stinky trash, I'll definitely wrap it up real tight. And try to keep it out of my sight as far as possible...

Ching Kin Min
Japanese Culture

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.