Hello Everyone,

I feel as if I have just landed from a foreign place or a different planet ... and all because I have not spoken to you for too long... and not even once in February! Where did my February go to?

Well this is not the place for too much of the silly chatter so suffice it to say please - I am truly sorry I have not been in touch and let's just march into March with a vengeance - spades and forks and plans and pots in hand for what ever new season you have coming your way.

SO. What does March bring to you and your containers?

Here in Johannesburg we have a smidgeon of autumn with a beginning of a nip in the air and darker mornings and darker twilights - but make no mistake too, with day time temps jumping between 36C and 21C some of the plants in my 'garden' are getting a tad confused - do they drop their leaves or should they bloom once more?

Daft weather patterns for sure - thank heavens I am not deciduous!

Decision! Decisions!

New herb pots are coming up for me, pre-winter cleanouts, upgrades, light pruning, mulchings, and some everyday chores like weedwatch days - don't mind them at all, they make me feel holy and achieving he he. Oh but there will be more too.

WHAT ONE MONTH-OF-MARCH QUESTION DO YOU HAVE?

Yep! I am shouting; see it's far from my house to yours.

Say hello now...

Lestie

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.