logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
E
E
Hi. I am Selene and am very new at Forums, so please forgive me if I seem a little lost. This looked like a very good forum to start with, so I thought that I would try it out. I have been an Accountant since I graduated from University, but never ever enjoyed work. It was just a means of financial stability. I always read with envy, and maybe was a little skeptical, of people who change careers, or find their true passion. However, recently I just might actually be so lucky. I have started this Online Fashion Website and am really enjoying what I do. Work is no longer boring, and I am always gravitating to the computer and searching for stuff to update my site, as well as my FB Business Page. I have found that there is really such a thing as a passion for what you do, and I am very lucky to have found it. I just hope that my website proves successful, as it has just been launched - but at least I am enjoying it :) Cheers everyone

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Hi Selene.

Re: What Do You Do ?

A warm welcome to our Self Development Forum!

You mentioned being “a little sceptical” of people who change careers or find their true passion. Yes, things have changed dramatically over the last 10 years or so. ‘Proper jobs’ used to be 9am to 5pm working for an employer. These days it’s not abnormal at all to change careers several times before retirement, and of course entrepreneurs never retire.

It is also wonderful that you have found your true passion: few people realise what really makes them tick. Wishing you all the best with your new website. Keep checking into our Self Development forum.

Joy

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lori - that sounds like a perfect thing to say. People understand that completely! And then they can ask about whatever self-help area they're interested in. I think most people have something they want help with smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly -

It's not odd at all - a ton of people have challenges with small talk. There's a whole series of books to help people get over that hurdle smile.

On one hand it's good to know this is a strain for you and to account for it accordingly.

On the other hand, relating to strangers is a critical part of life. The only way to make new friends, to build new relationships, and to integrate into a new location starts with that small talk. So it's a good life skill to at least be "neutral" about it. That is, it's going to happen. It can be avoided. So it's best if it is at least something that is tolerated, vs something that is high-stress-causing.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
hey, i'm so glad that you find your passion in your work,hope this passion will follow you in the following days.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
Hi Selene, I'm new to this forum as well, and your post immediately caught my eye. I'm a tour operator, I accommodate group tourism to Israel (where I live). I used to like what I did, but now I'm very tired of it; I no longer want other people to dictate how I should work, when I should get up in the morning, and definitely not have a job make me feel bad or even threaten my health. I've been dreaming of becoming my own boss for a while now, outside tourism, but remain too worried that I cannot afford to take the risk. I am very interested to learn how you got started with your fashion website; because I would also like to set up an online business, but just don't know where or how to get started... My interest is second hand, vintage and antiques items...

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: SandrinaFlorentina
...I've been dreaming of becoming my own boss for a while now, outside tourism, but remain too worried that I cannot afford to take the risk...

Hi Sandrina,

Re: What Do You Do ?

A warm welcome to our Self Development Forum!

Starting an Online business is very easy these days. On BellaOnline you'll find lots of different sites that can help you with all aspects of working from home.

Doing something different or new always seems risky at first. Very often it's the fear of stepping out of your comfort zone or going into unknown territory that stops your own success.

One of the best ways forward is to ask yourself what is the worst that could happen if you took a certain step. If you can live with that risk then just go for it.

JOY

E
E
Hi Joy. I have now become a Business Owner of a Fashion Website called eZone Fashion and I have a FaceBook Page called EZone Fashion as well. It has been tremondously fun, and I have been really enjoying it, updating my page, setting up my website ( even with all the HTML confusing language :) and all. I would be glad to give you a link to my websites but I do not want to violate any rules. You could google or search me- same AVATAR, or send me a message at seleneml@pacific.net.sg. Thanks for accepting me to this forum group. I hope I can meet more people through this :)

E
E
Hi Sandrina

E
E
Hi Sandrina, I will be very glad to give you some pointers even though I am very new. Please email me at selenelim8@gamil.com or seleneml@starhub.net.sg if you want to contact me, so as to ensure I don't break any regulations here

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.