Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Also, there are wonderful aquarium magazines that quite often have articles about Betta fish care because Betta fish are a very popular fish to have as a wet pet. fish You can find them in PetSmart, Petco, Barnes and Noble and other petstores, aquariums, bookstores and online. cool

Last edited by Mary_Betta_Fish; 01/22/13 08:13 AM.

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Carolyn, In fact, the Betta fish is such a popular fish as a pet, that many readers have emailed me questions about their pet betta fish family members. In response to their questions and also because of my great love for my own betta fish kids, I wrote a lot of articles about Betta fish care and you are welcome to read them here at Bellaonline.com. Just look in the Fish section and look up the ones on Betta fish care. Many, many topics in detail are discussed about Betta fish care - including type of aquarium and filter and food and so much more. fish lovers king

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I also wanted to mention to you that, although we don't keep 2 male bettas together in the same tank because of their naturally territorialness, it is an excellent idea to have 2 bettas but in separate tanks and set the 2 tanks right next to each other so the betta boys can see each other. They respond to one another and keep each other company. It's amazing. If you only have one betta fish they seem to get lonely. But if you have 2 each in his own separate tank but they can be next to each other - if you observe them over time they become friends and watch each other and develop a routine together of swimming around and around and although at first they flare at each other many times - it is surprising and wonderful and touching how they come to depend on each other being there and they apparently know each other. Of course, don't be fooled into thinking you can ever put them together in the same tank. They still have their instincts. But, you will see them blowing bubble nests more often (this means they are happy) when they have a little betta friend next door. It's really something nice to experience. You should really get a couple of Betta fish. You'll love them and they'll love you and your child. You just have to read and be prepared for them and keep them healthy by taking good care of them and keeping their water clean and at the right temperature and correct pH and feed them betta food and a variety of betta food in the correct amounts every day - and well, it seems like a lot at first - but it really is not - once you read and prepare and understand and start doing it. It is a wonderful, amazing, fulfilling journey to have fish as pets. It is definitely a labor of love that needs a whole family to take care of them. You know, sometimes, you need a family member to take care of your fish when you go on vacation, for example, you know? So, if you raise your 4-year-old to love to take care of fish as pets, you give your child a lovely gift that keeps on giving to him his or her whole life. Like with everything with children, you have to make it fun, though, right? So, for a 4-year-old you have to make the decision of how much responsibility to give - but my guess is that you must take care of the fish completely and have the child there with you when you do it. In order to teach your child you have to learn about it first, right? Reading is one of the best ways to start - this is also a good example to your child. First books and magazines for children encourage early love of books and reading good things which is another invaluable gift t give our children that serves them well for the rest of their lives in so many different applications. There are also many wonderful childrens' books and picture books for little kids about fish. You can see some of them in some of my articles about fish care here on bellaonline.com. They are in ads from Amazon.com at the bottom of the fish care articles. fish

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
It's fine to start with that. Then, in a few weeks, get a little larger Betta tank with the filter that comes with it. Distilled water is o.k. to clean with, but paper towels are more sanitary, so as not to spread bacteria - that way, after using one, you can toss the paper towel and dry with a clean paper towel. fish lovers

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.