Print Thread
#801109 01/17/13 12:16 AM
O
Omily Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
O
I always have zits on face, how to get rid of it?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
D
Hi Omily, I used to always have acne, my mother would even make me put my head in her lap so she could get the black heads, like they could be deciphered from all the freckles. Anyway, it was a painful, annoying experience. Now, my sister in law would cake on, and I mean her face looked like she had a sheet of icing all over her face to deal with her acne problem, every night when she put on her face cream, and she would go through about 2-3 jars a week; talk about expensive! That poor girl still had some serious acne problems too, what a waste. I decided a more natural approach, a way to eliminate acne, leave my skin feeling fresh without unnecessary redness and burning from the alcohol in many products. Anyway, I found that the simplest and most effective way to recapture the natural glow and soft beauty of my skin was washing it twice a day. Yes, that was what worked for me, I noticed results within the first couple weeks; but everyone is different. 1. I would run HOT water on my wash cloth, as hot as I could handle it and set it on my face until it cooled; this opened all of my pores. 2. Then I lathered another wash cloth with my favorite soap " Body Series",its an antibacterial, biodegradable bar soap that moisturizes, cleanses, and deodorizes; without the harsh chemicals or heavy perfumes, and washed my face in an upward circular motion. 3. After my face was clean, I cupped my hands together and splashed my face with warm water. 4. AND then I turned on the COLD and splashed my faced again; to close up the pores. 5.Finally, I gently pat my face dry. It only takes a few minutes twice a day, and like I said, it really worked for me. My skin was baby soft and radiated with a such a natural glow that I didn't even have to wear makeup, and that's saying a lot for someone with freckles! Perhaps it will work for you as well. Anyway, Dove bar soap works just as well, but I prefer the natural clean feeling that I get from using Body Series. Good Luck.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
A zit or a pimple is a collection of sebaceous (fatty) fluids under the surface of the skin. If a person has acne problems, he can benefit from seeing a dermatologist because there are many different causes. And sometimes even a mild case can get inflamed and require antibiotics.

But if you're talking about a single zit, there are some ways to get rid of it. If you seem to get hit with a zit at a most inconvenient time (just before an event, for example), there is some evidence that points to stress as one possible cause!

Your goal is to reduce the appearance of the zip which means you'll have to reduce the fluid build-up within it. Some zits can be drained so the swollen bump goes down and then some make-up concealer can hide the redness. But poking a hole into your skin can open you up to infection and scarring, if not done by a professional and with the correct implements. It requires an extremely thin needle.

In the past, we used to sterilize a super thin Japanese needle (not a safety pin or a regular sewing needle) with either some rubbing alcohol or with a flame (be sure to wipe the needle clean with rubbing alcohol afterward.) We would disinfect our skin with plenty of warm soapy water and an alcohol swap. To soften our skin and the zit (and encourage the pus to come to the surface), we would hold a wet, hot face cloth on the pimple. Then, carefully, we'd prick the pimple and gently push around it to drain it. Afterward, we would disinfect everything again with rubbing alcohol. This would close up the zit while drying it out.

Is it harsh on the skin? Yes. I would not recommend this especially if you have sensitive skin.

Also, a pimple may not be "ready" to pop. If it is only red and sensitive to the touch, it is not ready. If you attempt to pop it, nothing will drain and you will only make the redness worse. It is ready to pop if it turns white or has a whitish colored head.

Do not force a pimple to pop. Do not press or squeeze hard when draining it. You can cause scarring and, if you do this frequently, you can develop large, pitted pores.

The best course of action is to keep your face and hands clean and dry at all times. Minimize make-up. Keep hydrated and exercise to sweat and keep your pores clear. And don't touch your face! I see a pattern of where people develop zits and where they touch their faces!

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.