logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
Hi! About 6 weeks ago I had 3 interviews for my absolute dream job, and really thought I was going to get the job and then didn't. My only recourse at this point is to keep in contact w/the company from time to time in case their new hire isn't working out after all. I did a reading this morning and asked the question "what approach should I take to get them to hire ME?" And drew one card plus a clarifier. The card was the Emperor, clarified by 2 of Swords. Separately I think I have a handle on the meanings of these cards but I'm trying to really consider them together. At first I thought it might suggest that I should continue the "fight", being confident and commanding in terms of persuading them of my abilities but I'm not sure how the 2 of Swords would fits in with that. At the time that they sent me their rejection, I almost wondered if there had been some split decision in house, as I was really swimming along with flying colors when I met the first 4 people, and not until I met the primary owner did it come crashing down, so I wonder if this 2 of Swords could mean that I should focus on that possible split of opinion within their company to see if I can eventually make a change in my favor? Or another thought, would it more likely mean that the primary owner is the "emperor" in this situation, so that or whomever is the final vote in the situation (presumably the primary owner) is the person I should be focusing my attentions on, and perhaps contacting everyone else as well to keep discussion going, in case there really was some sort of split decision? This interpretation seems to make a lot of sense but I'd like to hear other thoughts on it as I have not had much experience with the 2 of Swords. Thanks for offering this assistance!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
I
Thanks for your response. The question I asked was 'what do I need to be aware of' and the spread to me spoke of my father's impending death-he is sick with cancer. But I saw that 3 of swords and began to wonder if this was about something else. Based on your response, I feel better...I don't see how it can be anything other than something I'm already aware of but just don't want to accept!!

C
C
I have thought some more on my reading and read some more about the 2 of Swords and have been very confused as it seems like various interpretations of it are essentially at odds with each other, but I am feeling now that it may mean that channels of communication *should* be opened, and that the Emperor in the situation is someone that I should communicate with. The suggestion of hiding my true feelings or denying a situation make perfect sense because of course I am very hurt and angry that I did not get hired after all, but obviously in order to communicate effectively with them, I need to suppress that and approach them professionally and calmly, reminding them of my qualifications and availability for freelance work, which is a sort of compromise. As I am still feeling rather unpracticed at this, I'd love some input on this interpretation.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Caligal - everyone's interpretations of cards vary and that's why the best way to learn Tarot is to use a journal and come up with your own interpretations. In my 20+ years of experience a two of swords comes up around "blind spots" times when we are not seeing our choices fully or we are restricted somehow from seeing all of our choices. Two's usually come up at a crossroads - those places where we kind of have to pick a direction and we may be feeling some confusion. In regards to your approaching the company again - I say go for it. If it's what you truly want, don't let anything get in your way. With the two of swords, I would say have a backup plan though as well, look at all your alternatives just incase things go a different direction than you currently envision. Never hurts to cover all ones bases right? smile Good luck!

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

C
C
Thanks Christin! I can't say that I felt confused, or that there was a hard decision for me to make, as I knew I wanted to contact them just to stay in their minds in case they needed to hire again, but I was looking for guidance in exactly what to say and to whom. I thought more and decided I think the 2 of Swords in this context meant I should recognize that by contacting them, I wasn't necessarily going to get the permanent solution that I hope for. That is, they may take note of my communications but are unlikely to suddenly reverse course and tell me they had to let their new hire go and ask me if I'm still available just because I send them an email. Eventually, things *may* change with them but I have to recognize that for now, it is what it is, so it's the communication + stasis elements of that card here, and definitely the hiding of true feelings, as what I really *feel* like doing is screaming at them and planting some dog poop on their doorstep for interviewing me ~3 times~ and then not hiring me, but of course I'm not 3 years old and realize that I need to stay professional and calm in my communications! :)

C
C
So yes, your "have a plan B" explanation is spot on with what I had felt it meant too! In such a situation, I don't see much that anyone can do other than maintain occasional contact w/the company in case their needs change.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi CaliGal - was there ever any new contact or anything from the company? Curious if anything changed? smile

C
C
Hi Christin, thanks for asking. No, no response from anyone there and no change that I'm aware of. I did email the company owner (the Emperor), whom I had interviewed with in the final round, as well as each of the other people I'd interviewed with, and I don't see how my emails could have possibly had any negative effect, and hopefully would have planted a more positive impression of me in their minds, but whether or not their new hire will work out well is the only thing that would determine whether they reconsider me or not and I can't change that. :(

C
C
Hi..I am new. I just had a reading for my current relationship a few days ago when we ran into a minor..and first..stumbling block. I asked a very simple question...is he the right one. Probably not the right way to phrase it. However..my cards were Two of cups. The Sun. Anf finally the King of Pentacles. I felt quite enthused because ive never had what appeared as such positive cards in a relationship reading. By the next day..he had ended things. What would your interpretation of my reading be? Bit baffled as it seemed to point towards positive things..and this is not the outcome i expected at all Thanks in anticipation of some enlightenment.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Sometimes when we are doing a self-reading where we have a great deal of emotion invested there can be a tendency to draw what one "wants to hear" rather than an objective answer. In this case, I think that is maybe what happened. You wanted very much for him to be this ideal you have in your mind of him.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.