Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Hey everyone!

Would love some help on interpreting this reading. I pulled three cards for myself about going to an event that I just couldn't get myself jazzed up to go to. It might have been really good networking wise but for some reason, I just wasn't into it. But I was also torn about whether I should just suck it up and go.

So this is what I asked and the cards I pulled. I used the Osho Zen Deck

1. Why is making this decision so hard (what is this really all about).
Silence - 17 of the Major Arcana (The Star)

2. How would it benefit me to go?
Existence - 1 of the Major Arcana (The Magician)

3. How would it benefit me to stay at home?
Transformation - 13 of the Major Arcana (Death)

The Osho Zen cards have always presented to me with slightly different meanings than if I was reading a more traditional Rider Waite type deck - I am really curious to know what you all's interpretation might be.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Leah - BellaWellness Host; 12/09/12 02:54 AM.

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi Leah
Well first of all every card was from the Major Arcana so that impresses me most here. MA cards as you likely know represent events and periods in our lives where important things are happening and lessons are being presented.

The Star as for why a choice is hard would suggest to me perhaps your heart just isn't in this path or you don't feel inspired by this journey (further highlighted by a Death card in the same spread which speaks of transformation and a new beginning)

The Magician for the benefit means it would be as you said a way to make connections, to get what you need. Magician speaks of self-reliance, being resourceful, having connections and being an influence over others.

The Death card for the benefits of staying home I think may be telling you it's a good time for some soul searching. Perhaps deep down you are craving a truly fresh start in this area of your life? Death cards typically involve an initial element of sacrifice that leads to the rebirth (death/life cycle) so I would explore a bit what it is that you are, at soul level, wanting to experience and what it is you are feeling called to move away from.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Leah, I totally agree with Christin. The cards point to what your heart and soul already know.

The Star hints at your future. It says that the kind of future *you* want *is* possible but you must know what it is you truly desire. Also, it means that you will need to understand that it will not happen overnight but if you feel it is worth waiting for, then all things are possible. If this zen deck points to Silence, I would go within and meditate about what it is you really want. You already know. Your feelings are a clue, helping to steer you.

The Magician here seems to indicate that if you should go, you might be surprised at some new opportunities that can avail themselves to you. Be on guard, however, for those smooth-talking , sales type of people that can dazzle you with witty conversation and exciting promises only to come up short in the end. But if you go, you also be surprised by some new ideas.

Death is definitely the transformation card, as you already know. In staying home, you will be putting an end to something, possibly a career path you no longer want. This could be time to reinvent yourself.

The cards offer confirmation of what your feelings are trying to tell you. I always consult my feelings...and follow the peace.

Good luck.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
J
J
Hello All, A kind lady did a tarot spread for me and I would like some help interpreting it. My interpretation is as follows: current state of emotions: 6 of cups reversed + knight of wands I am currently going through a phase where am unable to let go of my troubled past, which I believe is perfectly explained by the 6 of cups(R) card. I keep ruminating about the past all the time. There is a new business venture that I am trying to work on but due to rumination about the past am left with little energy. I am guessing the knight of wands is a sign that is telling me to let go of the past and throw myself headlong into my business venture. Advice cards: High priestess reversed + the hermit I think the high priestess(R) is telling me to stop giving so much importance to what other people think about me and start listening to my own inner voice. The hermit is telling me to meditate,contemplate and look for answers within.Which makes a lot of sense as I am currently focusing on spirituality a lot. I would like to know if my interpretations are right as I am new to tarot..Anyone? Thanks

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
Wow! Thanks Christin and Lori - I'm really resonating with your insight and it makes perfect sense with what's going with me right now. I *am* in a transitional/tranformational phase right now. All of a sudden, things that seemed hard to do are just "poof easy" now. I feel kind of like I'm learning how to live life completely and truly holistically lately. It's new territory but it's grounded territory. And I do feel that some concrete changes are on the horizon, particularly with my business life and how I live my life in general. Some of these changes are already manifesting. And I've been getting signs about them for a few months now.

I am going to spend some time meditating and getting clear on what I really want to do in this next phase like you guys have suggest. Thanks so very much again!

I saw some of this, but not all and so I am very grateful to you two!

Live Abundantly!
Leah R. Patterson
The Wellness Site MOVE Makeup
Visit my Personal Blog
T
TipsyToes
Unregistered
TipsyToes
Unregistered
T
I don't use my cards regularly enough to feel 100% confident in the way I read them. You all seem to give good insight to thing,, if you have any feedback or your own interpretation would be really welcome! Recently I began seeing someone. He is great in many ways! I have been putting off making it 100% committed and exclusive because I am travelling for a couple of months next year and didn't want to have to deal with it when we couldn't talk (I have trust issues..). He would like a commitment, but won't rush me if I'm not comfortable. 1 (What I am bringing to the relationship): 10 of Swords 2 (What he is bringing to the relationship): 2 of Pentacles 3 (Will I be happy in the relationship): 4 of Cups 4 (Will he be happy in the relationship): King of Pentacles 5 (Will the relationship last): 2 of Cups My interpretation: 1: NOTHING GOOD! I am not doing any good for "us". 2: Bringing great energy and fun. A good work/life balance and is flexible and keeping every happy. Basically doing all the right things. 3: In a future position: Possibly I will learn what I do and don't value in a person. Either I will get over my trust issues and learn to accept things, become introspective (possibly even self absorbed) or become bored and apathetic! I am very career focussed, and it is something I tend to spend too much of my time on.. 4: Well.. The King of Pentacles sounds like a happy family man, often with a large focus on his career. Basically he is the sort who would be happy in a relationship! 5: Yes, this relationship would last!

I
I
I did a tarot reading (celtic cross) for myself yesterday and this was the result: me: 10 swords cross: 3 swords foundation: knight swords past: 4 cups crown: death future: 7 wands attitude: ace cups environment: 4 swords hopes/fears: sun outcome: tower Love the irony there with the sun card...but I would really like a cold read. How would you interpret this one? I will give more details about the circumstances, but I would like to see some other interpretations first...especially any takes on the tower. I'm a first time poster here, so hello! And thanks in advance!

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Sorry for being MIA here smile I've had a lot going on over the holiday weeks and haven't had the opportunity. This reading tells me that you kind of have expectations of being disappointed, that perhaps you are a bit unfulfilled in some areas of your life and you recognize that a partnership is not necessarily going to fill that emptiness. The four of cups is an introspective card of looking at what you need to be self-fulfilled first. This of course increases the chances of a happy, successful relationship. As for the man in question this suggests to me that he is someone stable who would be a potential strong partner if you decide he is the right partner for you.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
Hi Joj86 sorry for the long response time frown

I think some of your insights are pretty right on. I am not really sure what your initial query was based on your post. Your reading seems to kind of touch on a lot of areas. I would focus tightly on your business goals if that is what you are wanting answers to.

Knights can indicate sudden opportunities, but they can also indicate a need to not be too hasty. Use your enthusiasm to move forward, but do so in a practical, well thought out way. The Priestess reversed suggests to me that something may be getting in the way of your intuition - like your emotions/fears you feel. Tapping into your inner wisdom is indeed a good idea. The Hermit is a card of self-realization and authenticity, doing what we know we are called to do and following our own light.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
izajane
It's better to have an idea of what your query was in order to help you. A Tower is usually an indication that the path you are on is unstable and that what you are doing may collapse or not work out as you hoped. It tends to represent those "left field" events in life. Sometimes, that actually brings blessings, because enforced change makes us push ourselves in new directions better aligned with our highest good. A ten of swords (card of destruction and endings) and a three of swords (heartache, sorrow, and grief) in a spread with a tower suggests to me you really need to reevaluate your path regarding this query.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.