Print Thread
Not sure but he is #787371
10/11/12 11:37 AM
10/11/12 11:37 AM
B
bayuti Offline OP
bayuti  Offline OP
B

I'm not sure I want kids, my entire life I've said "No, I will never have kids!" My fiance told me he did not want kids.. but now he does. I love him to death but I feel like we are going to keep fighting over this until one of us changes but that seems unhealthy. People really shouldn't compromise when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm terrified. We are on the verge of breaking up and I don't want to leave him! I have no idea what to do and neither does he. Please help me. I'm panicking.

Living Without Children - Automated Note
For New Visitors: This forum exists as a support community for people who are living a child-free existence. This area is here to help nurture, inspire and educate those who, for whatever reason, are living their lives without children in the home.

Posts made here must be supportive of this lifestyle choice. Comments should not question a person's decision to or reasons for being child free. Those negative comments are called "bingoing" or "trolling" and are not allowed. Please be sure you are aware of this forum's intentions and rules before posting!

Re: Not sure but he is [Re: bayuti] #787643
10/13/12 02:38 PM
10/13/12 02:38 PM
D
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor  Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D

Do not get married until this issue is resolved and you are both in agreement. If anything is a deal breaker, it is the issue of having children. Get professional counseling if you need to in order to sort out your feelings, but in the end if you and your fiance differ in your needs and wants out of life then you will have to part ways.

Take it from me, who had to throw a 16 year marriage (19 year relationship) into the trash because my husband waffled around in his decision to have kids. He wanted them deep down, I did not, and eventually it broke up the marriage.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Re: Not sure but he is [Re: bayuti] #788021
10/16/12 11:55 AM
10/16/12 11:55 AM
Rhodes Greece
G
Gaynor8002 Offline
Jellyfish
Gaynor8002  Offline
Jellyfish
G

Rhodes Greece
Hi Bayuti, it's a tough one isn't it.

First thing stop panicking. whatever decision you make should be done calmly and well thought out.
What you need to do next is think all the ins and outs thoroughly. ie;

who will mainly look after the child ?
how will it affect your/ his working life ?
do you have friends / family, who will / can help out ?
examine your feelings deeply regarding a child of your own. imagine yourself having a child, and what comes to mind ? if it's just fear, well that's natural. if you REALLY don't want a child, then examine why,and what impact it will have on your relationship....

And all the other things I've missed out that you can think of.
Then. and only then, go to your fiance and have a good long chat about it - everything, your fears , doubts, hopes....

Then I think you'll be in a good place to make a sound judgement, and will not regret whichever path you choose, because you can say hand on heart you did everything you could to make the right decision.
Good luck ! whatever you choose those around you, who love you will be there for you.

Re: Not sure but he is [Re: bayuti] #790047
10/29/12 04:33 PM
10/29/12 04:33 PM
thisiseasycash Offline
Jellyfish
thisiseasycash  Offline
Jellyfish

This is not the only man you could ever love in your entire life. Why hold on so tightly? You both want different things. Both of you deserve to live the life of your dreams however you picture that to be. Either you will cave in, he will cave in or you will go your separate ways. Your happiness is not tied to one person.

Brand New Posts
2019: On this day . . .
by Mona - Astronomy. 12/05/19 01:48 PM
Astro Advent 2019
by Mona - Astronomy. 12/05/19 10:12 AM
Children's Soft Toys to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor. 12/05/19 12:04 AM
Seasonal Stories - Winter
by Mona - Astronomy. 12/04/19 09:29 PM
Romania's Official Oscar Entry - The Whistlers
by Angela - Drama Movies. 12/04/19 09:21 PM
Special Series - The Horse in Cinema
by Angela - Drama Movies. 12/04/19 02:44 AM
Museum Shopping for Holiday Gifts
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 12/04/19 02:10 AM
Local Yarn Stores Need Your Help!
by Korie - Folklore//Knitting/Yoga Editor. 12/03/19 07:36 PM
Follow Me on Twitter!
by Angela - Drama Movies. 12/02/19 08:47 PM
Launch of My New Patreon Site
by Angela - Drama Movies. 12/02/19 08:09 PM
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!
Channel List
Beauty & Self
Books & Music
Career
Computers
Education
Family
Food & Wine
Health & Fitness
Hobbies & Crafts
Home & Garden
Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Sponsor

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2019 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.