Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787371 10/11/12 07:37 AM
B
bayuti Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'm not sure I want kids, my entire life I've said "No, I will never have kids!" My fiance told me he did not want kids.. but now he does. I love him to death but I feel like we are going to keep fighting over this until one of us changes but that seems unhealthy. People really shouldn't compromise when it comes to this kind of thing. I'm terrified. We are on the verge of breaking up and I don't want to leave him! I have no idea what to do and neither does he. Please help me. I'm panicking.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Do not get married until this issue is resolved and you are both in agreement. If anything is a deal breaker, it is the issue of having children. Get professional counseling if you need to in order to sort out your feelings, but in the end if you and your fiance differ in your needs and wants out of life then you will have to part ways.

Take it from me, who had to throw a 16 year marriage (19 year relationship) into the trash because my husband waffled around in his decision to have kids. He wanted them deep down, I did not, and eventually it broke up the marriage.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Hi Bayuti, it's a tough one isn't it.

First thing stop panicking. whatever decision you make should be done calmly and well thought out.
What you need to do next is think all the ins and outs thoroughly. ie;

who will mainly look after the child ?
how will it affect your/ his working life ?
do you have friends / family, who will / can help out ?
examine your feelings deeply regarding a child of your own. imagine yourself having a child, and what comes to mind ? if it's just fear, well that's natural. if you REALLY don't want a child, then examine why,and what impact it will have on your relationship....

And all the other things I've missed out that you can think of.
Then. and only then, go to your fiance and have a good long chat about it - everything, your fears , doubts, hopes....

Then I think you'll be in a good place to make a sound judgement, and will not regret whichever path you choose, because you can say hand on heart you did everything you could to make the right decision.
Good luck ! whatever you choose those around you, who love you will be there for you.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
This is not the only man you could ever love in your entire life. Why hold on so tightly? You both want different things. Both of you deserve to live the life of your dreams however you picture that to be. Either you will cave in, he will cave in or you will go your separate ways. Your happiness is not tied to one person.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.