logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#787 04/06/04 02:34 PM
OP Offline
MY SON AND I WERE OUT AND ABOUT IN OUR LITTLE TOWN OF MIDDLESBORO. WE HAVE A CREEK THAT RUNS RIGHT THROUGH. THERE ARE SEVEAL SPECIES OF DUCKS THAT STAY YEAR ROUND. BUT, TODAY WE SAW SOMETHING NEW AND CANNOT FIND AND ID TO IT. THE LARGEST OF THE TWO, WAS WHITE, WITH DIRTY BROWN SPOTS ON THE END OF ITS FEATHERS. BUT THE MOST STRICKING WAS THE RED ENCASEMENT AROUND THE FACE, TO THE BILL AND BACK TO BEHIND THE EYES. THE SMALLER WAS BLACK WITH LARGE WHITE SPOTS, ONE EACH WING BEING LARGE. IT ALSO HAD THE RED ENCASEMENT OF RED, BUT ONLY AROUND THE EYES. CAN ANY ONE HELP US. I HAVE ALREADY LOOK THROUGH DUCKS UNLIMITED AND CONTACT THEM REGARDING THIS PAIR. YOUR HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. :beamedup:

Debi Christofus-Blackstone
Detroit Tiger Fan
Sponsored Post Advertisement
#788 04/07/04 07:25 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
Are you sure you don't mean a Muscovy duck? I have a page on them here -

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art11171.asp

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast
#789 04/07/04 10:00 PM
OP Offline
THANK YOU LISA....THAT IS THE DUCK WE HAVE IN OUR CREEK.. I WAS WORRIED ABOUT THE POLUTION THAT MAY HAVE DESIESED THEM... BUT THERE THEY ARE...I STILL WORRY ABOUT THE POLUTION OF OUR CREEK, BUT AT LEAST I CAN SHOW MY SON A NEW BIRD HE HAS SEEN UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL. THANKS.. DEBI C-BLACKSTONE

Debi Christofus-Blackstone
Detroit Tiger Fan
#790 04/08/04 03:31 PM
Parakeet
Parakeet
I think birds have grown used to pollution, they find it in so much of their lives. I think in fact that for example London is SO much cleaner nowadays vs during the Industrial Revolution when everything was powered by coal and such. They say that the really thick London fogs of the 1800s were super bad and it was because of the dense pollution.

So I think actually if birds survived the 1800s and made it through, that they're probably quite pleased with the change we've been making since then! Not that things are fully clean and pristine again, but I really do think they're much better than in years past.

I'd love to see photos of the ducks if you get any!

Lisa, Birding Enthusiast

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.