write me soon..

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
HI Renate -

Welcome to the forum. I am in CA and we use K12 curriculum through a Virtual Academy. I think delaware might be a state that uses the same system.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
HI and welcome Yadira -

I did get your message and will respond via email over the weekend. My son uses the computer for homeschooling and needs to get back to it, I am just checking a few things for a moment.

Is your son a regional center consumer? Has there been an IEP, did he get dx from school district? My kids went to preschool special ed, you can call for an IEP meeting and request a change.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Y
Y
thank you Bonnie for answer me,yes my son get his 2nd.diagnostic and he has autism,and he have to continue in a especial ed.presschool,coz he is not ready yet for a regular classroom,i was confusided coz isaac know to many things but he is not able to understand to the people and make a conversation,but in a year his progress was great.. he is not ready to be in a regular class yet..that's was the last results thank you so much and i hope be your new friend in this great forum.(sorry for my bad english).isaac got his first diagnostic 2 1/2 years old,now he is 4 years old.

Last edited by yadira; 09/07/08 08:38 PM.
D
D
Hi Bonnie! Your neighbor and occasional laundry buddy here :) hope you are all having an excellent holiday :) Jeni

M
M
Hello everyone. Newbie me here. I am a single mom of 2 boys with Autism ages 7 and 4. I absolutely love being their mom!! Though, we are still working on finally (!!) get OT, we are growing together. I am ever so thankful that I was blessed with 2 boys with autism. My older sister had CP, and that taught my mom and I how to have great patience and to accept people whoever they are. I volunteered in the "autistic class" (that's the name they said it was in grade school) and loved it! Grew up and worked in the MR/DD field. I told my mom when I was very young "I want to have kids that are a little hard to handle, because those are the kids who need extra love". I didn't know I was going to end up with 2 boys with autism, but I assure you, God granted me what I asked for and certainly they need extra love!! My great gran used to tell my mom that "children are not spoiled, they are overly loved" and it couldn't be more true. Life has been challenging, but it has shown me that sometimes, I have to slow down, change how I view the world and change how I do some things. My children are my blessing and I don't know where I would be without them. I lost my mom last year on Valentine's day and without my boys, I would not have been able to get through it. I'm always interested in new advice, willing to try it and hopefully if even a small amount, help someone else out that we have been through.

C
C
Wow - I am glad I landed on this forum! My 3-yr-old just got diagnosed with autism and it is really hard to swallow - I guess I am kinda depressed about it right now. But I know it is an accurate diagnosis - he has some of the signs, but is pretty "high-functioning" I think. He makes eye contact with his parents and his sister who is 1 year older. And when we change the routine he is ok with it, doesn't do a lot of shimming (I think that is the right term), has a lot of interests and tries to interact with other kids sometimes. He is in speech therapy and once they get his paperwork all sorted he will start through the school district with ABA and speech/social skills. I just need to find a support group of other parents in our situation so we don't feel so alone. He is just such a joy to us and we want him to have a bright future, so my husband & I will have a lot of work ahead of us to make sure he gets the tools and skills he needs. Anyhow, that is my story for now, I am going to keep reading through this forum to see what other parents of kids on the spectrum are going through.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
NBC4

Hi Tara, this is Michelle from the Teen Site.
I thought you might find this link interesting.

Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

D
D
Hi ive been diagnosed as a male with Asperger's had Autism said from when was young but not much was done about it!
But now 55 got confirmed last year yes it has it's issues but also some great points to it and ive survived on my own so long it does causes issues with relationships mostly because not aware of it!
There are so many sides to it though as one with me having Raynauds i don't feel the cold unless a chill/draught then frozen so causes many issues with the Raynauds plus having Fibromyalgia add's to that as tired so often get quite agitated that can't do things plus you can become very destructive within/to yourself as depression is one area have to watch one reason im classed as a vulnerable adult which i can see the reason why as can turn in on yourself so become withdrawn etc
you can push people away/keep at arms length but if people understand/know more they can come to understand how/why/what/which etc it effects us
Quite often you just want someone to be there for/with you but don't know how to ask or say in a way that you understand.
so yes it is complex but with right methods can be easier.

Hope that helps

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.