Next Thread
Print Thread
#779297 08/25/12 11:28 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
How can you tell if your dream is foreshadowing the future or merely reflecting your subconscious fears?

Have you dreamed something that came true in your waking life?

Prophetic Dreams

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Absolutely!

I remember dreaming that my best friend picked me up one night and I got into the front passenger seat. We drove to his mother's home and she got in my seat and I moved to the back seat. We stopped at his sister's home and the car became a station-wagon. I moved to the third row. He stopped again to pick up his grandmother and I moved to the rear. He could no longer hear me and I was not a part of the conversation.

As dreams have it, some things are not clear. So, I am not sure how it happened, but at some point there were two other women (one felt like a girl) in the car, in the 2nd row.

Upon awakening I understood exactly what this dream meant.

A few weeks later, my best friend told me that he had met a girl and was getting pretty serious about her. He wanted me to meet her. We held off for awhile, while he enjoyed courting her. Then we met. I'm sure you know what happened.

She took one look at me and was very pleasant, but I knew she wanted me gone.

The following week, when my friend and I talked about the meeting, he expressed her concerns. He told me he'd take care of it. I told him about the dream and bowed out gracefully. I had already been warned.

BTW, I loved the article.

Last edited by Yvonnie-Inspired; 08/26/12 01:00 AM.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I've also dreamt more news worthy events, like an automobile accident.

In my dream, children were playing in a school playground. Then, they began to disappear. Most of them reappeared in an auditorium, but a few did not. Moments later a local news woman appeared in the auditorium and it was apparent she was shaken and had been crying.

The next day, that same news woman was giving a news report and you could tell she was shaken and had been crying.

A woman had lost control of her car and driven into a school playground where children were playing. Several children were killed.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I haven�t seen prophetic dreams that came true in my waking life. But, I really want to experience it once.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow, Yvonnie! It is said that those with the gift of prophetic dreaming come from a family lineage of prophetic dreamers. Do you know of anyone else in your family who experiences prophetic dreams?

You must feel helpless and frustrated to dream of a future tragic event and not be able to do anything to prevent it. The gift, however, can serve you well in other situations.

Jennie, intention is everything so you just might experience a prophetic dream soon. smile

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
S
S
Yvonne, The incident regarding the children in the schoolyard gave me chills. It would be difficult to know something bad was going to happen and not be able to do anything (Lori is so right). My sister Barb had an interesting dream about ten years ago. My Paternal Grandmother had just died and was not a really affectionate person in life (at least not in our experience.) If she thought you were fat or she didn't like your hair .....she would tell you so. She never really cuddled any of us kids and she never said she loved us. My sister dreamed that my grandmother came to her and told her that "She knew she didn't tell us she loved us enough; but she did love us". She said to my sister that she "especially needs to tell this to her sister Coleen". My sister said that all six of the children in my family were crossing a stream on rocks (not sure what that represented, but our father was abusive so my grandmother may have been acknowledging that she now understood our "rocky road"). I had personally tried to tell my grandmother as a child and she yelled at me to "never speak negatively about my father". He was physically and emotionally abusive to us so this was difficult for me to understand at the time. My mother was simply dancing around a field and spinning like a little girl. My sister called me and told me about the dream....she didn't understand it. The following day my other sister Coleen called her from Texas and my sister Barb told her about the dream. My sister dropped the phone and started crying.....she had been in the car two days earlier and talking to my grandmother on her way to work (alone in the car). She told her that she "never told us she loved us and was not affectionate enough." She had not told ANYONE about this conversation. In addition, my mother suffered a stroke during surgery a few months later and went crazy....she was childlike...dancing in circles. We believe that my grandmother foretold us of this event. This dream was simply lifechanging and so authentic.

S
S
Do you guys think that was my grandmother?

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Maybe, it was your grandmother.

S
S
It is funny, but I know it was....when I first heard it from my sister I got chills. When my grandmother died I knew it (the exact time) I was in Michigan, she in Illinois. We were not that close either. It is strange how you can just know something.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, it is certain, searching. Your grandmother.

As for the children of the family crossing a stream on rocks...this represents how you children were able to carry on despite the emotional experiences of your childhood. The rocks indicate that you were able to find little inner sources of stability to help you through.

Yes, your grandmother knew what you were going through. She had her own earthly challenges that made her hold in and cut off her emotions. She knows she made "mistakes" in life. She may have even abused your father or at least ignored it when he was being abused. Child abuse, sadly, was a common method used to "raise" a child in previous generations.

As for your dancing mother, the dream provided a glimpse of the future. It is sad for us when a loved one changes in personality due to a mental event but treat your mother with loving kindness. Her spirit is living a different time of her life but her physical body is here in this time period, vulnerable and needing care and protection from trusted loved ones.

This goes to show you, though, that you and your sisters share a spiritual openness to psychic development. Have you thought about it?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.