Next Thread
Print Thread
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
If you're a blogger and you're looking for article ideas, you should check out Net Galley. It's a website where publishers put up the galleys of their books and give advance copies to people through it to do reviews ahead of publication.

You do a bio and put your website in it and then choose topics you are interested in. When you find books you'd like to review, you send a request to the publisher, who ok's it based on how well it fits your blog.

I've reviewed several knitting books, but also gardening and books published by Hay House on meditation, etc for another blog I have.

They send the galleys to your kindle, or if you don't have one to Adobe Digital Editions, which is free to download. Once you view the book, you aren't obligated to do the review either.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I had signed up for this over a year ago and started a first book. The only thing is that I don't own a Kindle so I had to sit at my computer to read the book, which was a little uncomfortable and not really convenient. Maybe one day, I should consider purchasing one.

It's an excellent idea. I get e-mails from Net Gallery from time to time as they welcome new publishers. I need to go back and re-experience it.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
Some of the books I review, like the knitting books, I can go through on my computer and sort of write the review at the same time. It's actually easier to see the photos and such on the computer.

I don't really have to read a pattern book word for word to know if it's entertaining, easy or difficult, etc. I choose some of my favorite or most unique patterns as well.

if I was reviewing a book where I needed to read every word, the kindle is handier.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I found it to be a really great resource for books on business as well.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Joan!

Dianne, do you have a smart device that you can use a Kindle app on? Or Kindle just lowered the price of their basic model to $69 since they came out with the new Kindles. I'd keep my eye out for great deals. People might trade them in and you could even pick up a refurbished model.

I got our first Kindle last year and I love it.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I have an Android phone that seems to have some sort of Kindle app on it, I have not tried it yet and don't know if it costs extra. I find that I don't use most of the apps on my phone - it's actually my first smart phone.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The Kindle app is free and comes with a guide and a dictionary or two usually.

If you login to your Amazon account you should be able to download free books and books from your library.

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

J
joanj Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
J
I have both a tablet and an adroid phone and can access my kindle books on both, plus my audible audio books.

I prefer reading kindle books with photos and such on my table or computer, actually. My kindle was one of the first ones and it doesn't do color photos and such well. For knitting books there are lots of photos and diagrams that I need to be able to see well.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The basic version of the Kindle doesn't play audio books.

I wonder if the larger Kindle (DX I believe) displays images better. It has to be better for magazines, but it is still not in color.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.