logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Our companion birds will tease us, get into mischief, say the most unexpected things at the perfect OR the worst times, they can do hilariousness things that will keep you chuckling, at times, the rest of your life. Every single bird owner has had such a moment. Please share, introduce yourself to the bird world, and help non companion bird people understand why our birds are so special!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I have so many memories of my bird's mischievous moments. I do remember one that forever stays in my memory. I had been a district sales manager and was often on the road. The macaw didn't take long to realize I used those shiny keys when I drove to the airport. I was upstairs packing and with children and pets was running behind. During that time the bird had climbed down from his playpen on top of his cage, walked across the floor and climbed up to where my keys were sitting. He hid my keys inside the cage. I went crazy trying to figure out where they keys were. He had a funny (guilty perhaps? nah...) look on his face. It did give me enough reason to check his cage. I found my keys under his food in one of his food dishes. I grabbed the keys and he started squawking. I told him his daddy would be home soon and would let him back out of the cage and they could dance together. The bird loved music and to dance with us on the floor, or on our shoulder. I gave him a kiss goodbye and placed him inside the cage and closed the door. After that, I kept my car keys out of reach.

R
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
R
That is too funny. My sister has a cockatoo, it has a yellow strip on her head and is the friendliest little gal. She will literally lean against you. She loves attention. She isn't a talker but is affectionate.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
I have a friend with a cockatoo that has the same personality, and they share the same name for obvious reasons. Les the previous Bird editor wrote an outstanding article on [url=http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art57349.asp]Why do some birds have the ....talk[/url] If I don't have moderator status yet you will have to copy and paste the link. But the article is wonderful, pass it along to your sister.

C
Shark
Shark
C
I think their mischievousness moments goes along with their intelligence and their need to do things to keep from getting bored. Someone would think I sent my birds to locksmith school. There are very few doors they haven't gotten out of. Even the little doors where the food bowls fit. I have to keep snaps fastened on the outside of the cage.

Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Wonderful suggestion Calla. But cages and locks brings me to a potential problem. This is a general warning to everyone. Don't use locks that require keys. You never know when there is an emergency or gas leak or Heaven knows what other emergencies can happen. Use a clippy type lock outside the cage where birds can't reach. Make sure you have warning signs outside your outside doors (all doors) that there is birds or small animals or both, number of cages (locations would be nice too) to warn the fire department so that they can get those animals out quickly. I leave small pet porters near the large cages. Some of my cages have been put together inside the house and could never be dragged through a door they wouldn't fit.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.