Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Know this has nothing whatever to do with "Container Gardening" Lestie, but it is South Africa and involves a contained "something" in a sort of garden, and thought it might interest you ... and if you happen to see what actually does happen eventually, the press over here will not follow it up, would love to know.

Bid to free South Africa swimming pool hippopotamus

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 10/22/12 05:30 PM.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Everyone,

This was a charming story in our press with a sad ending. There were two Hippos, unconnected, that were roaming for similar reasons, young males kicked out of their pods by older and aggressive 'bulls' but in different places.

Unfortunately Solly, the Hippo you speak of in the article above has died before 'they' were able to work out how to get a crane close enough to the swimming pool to lift him out.

Nobody can say why so I will follow up. I do know that he was very stressed in the foreign environment but was 'comfortable' in that they emptied enough water from the pool so he could stand leaving enough to keep him cool in the heat that the Cape is experiencing at the moment.

I will get back to you all and let you know Francine -

Cheers for now

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 10/22/12 05:40 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hello Francine and all,

Oh dear, I see I owe you some answers about the hippos - and indeed I shall do some back reading and see what I can come up with re the second Hippo.

I also have a new Hippo story which also does not have a happy ending that you may be interested in and will tell you about that too - but for now I want to tell you about a fantastic idea I saw this past weekend and Solly the Hippo reminded me of this post you made Francine back in August.

A lady and her team of two gardeners are turning an old disused swimming pool into a 'sunken' deck and container garden and gardening workshop and gardening lecture hall and place to relax in. All that and more!

But actually I am sorry to start out the subject and then pull back - I think I will just pique your interest maybe and turn what I have to report back into a full article. All that I have to tell is too much for one post for the forum ... so forgive me that is what I will do and very soon too.

In the meantime, what could you or would you or might you do if you had a big ugly empty cracked swimming pool hole in your back yard?

Let your imaginations go and see what you come up with. Now that is a container of note don't you think? I will be liberal with gold stars, I promise!

Cheers now thinkers and project imagineers!

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 10/22/12 05:36 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.