logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 83 1 2 3 4 82 83
I keep dreaming about boats. Over the past few months I've dreamed of boats in dozens of different fashions. One of the first I remember from this sequence was a boat docked in the distance, it and the land between filled with people I'd known.

Last night I dreamed I was steering a boat down canals. Somehow it was perfectly balanced on land and drove like a sled.

The feelings in each of the dreams have been different, so I'm not sure what the overarching theme is.

Veda King Blanchard
Wicca
Essential Oils
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
I talked about the practice of turning dreams into astral projection in this article. . I think that for most people the change in consciousness is so radical as to not be recalled on waking, or in the form of a dream.

The theory that the etheric body separates slightly from the physical during sleep to absorb universal energy (chi?) makes sense to me. It also explains why some people can have out of the body experiences during the deep relaxation and pranayama exercises associated with Yoga.

I totally get this and have experienced it. Yet, I wonder if that is what is happening to everyone during dream state only that upon awakening, the recall and memory is duller for most. Some of us are fortunate to be able to be more conscious during our subconscious state, if that makes any sense.

BTW, GREAT article! So thorough. I'll be sure to read and re-read it. I'm thinking of printing it out. Have you considered compiling ebooks with your Bellaonline work?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Bellaonline Marriage site
Twitter: @BellaMarriage
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Veda - Wicca Editor
I keep dreaming about boats. Over the past few months I've dreamed of boats in dozens of different fashions. One of the first I remember from this sequence was a boat docked in the distance, it and the land between filled with people I'd known.

Last night I dreamed I was steering a boat down canals. Somehow it was perfectly balanced on land and drove like a sled.

The feelings in each of the dreams have been different, so I'm not sure what the overarching theme is.

Oh, boats! Lovely boats! Did you make out any details about these boats? It's interesting to note that your boats come in "dozens of different fashions."

Let's take a look at the first dream you remember with a boat docked in the distance. Boats are vehicles for transportation for work or leisure but they're different from other modes of transport because they travel upon water. Water symbolized your emotions. Being docked in the distance indicates a time when you felt as though you didn't want to express your emotions. In the past, have you distanced yourself from your own emotions?

The fact that the land in between was filled with people you've known could indicate that you haven't wanted to express your emotions to or about the people in your life.

Canals are very controlled streams of water. When it was time for you to experience or express emotions or feelings, you did so in a very controlled or careful way. I don't understand what you mean when you said "it was perfectly balanced on land." Was the boat you were steering on water or land?

In any case, the feeling of being perfectly balanced and driving like a sled indicates that you feel in control of how you are expressing your emotions and feelings.

The theme of boats seems to point to your ability to manage your emotional state during your waking life. Boats keep you afloat upon changeable waters (emotions and feelings).

In future boat dreams, try to note any details about the boats, the condition of the water, what type of water (lake, ocean) and how the boat is traveling (smooth, choppy).

Can any part of your waking life relate to this?

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Oh, one more thing about the boats. When you dream of all types of boats in different fashions, it could indicate that in your waking life, you are trying different methods of coping.

Are you trying to please different people? Being different things to different people? Doing a lot of self-discovery or self-improvement? Expanding or changing your personal identity or beliefs?

Just thoughts to ponder.

Last edited by Lori-Dreams; 08/02/12 02:05 PM.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
Thanks Lori for being so comprehensive...

I suppose I need to clarify a few things which may slightly alter your well written feedback.

First, by "dozens of different fashions", I intended to relate that the context and feeling of each dream was different. In some, including the first one, with the boat docked, I felt as though I were searching for someone or something. In that dream, I was on the boat while it was docked, but on shore while it was moving.

Second, all of the boats are akin to small cruise ships, several floors with many rooms and spaces. In one dream, I was at a ball, dancing after a classy buffet with lovely food. The setting of that one was gorgeous, but actually, that one felt the darkest.

Third, in the dream I had last night, the boat I was steering was on land, moving on iced over grass, yet it acted as though it were in water. There were only two other people on the ship with me, but it didn't feel lonely, rather like I had a lot of space.

These dreams have been happening over the past several months, definitely less than 5 months so far. In the mornings I recall details, and ponder/feel through them, but so far the only theme I can see is the boat itself. I think I'm averaging one or two memorable boat dreams a week so I feel as though there's a point I'm not getting.

Veda King Blanchard
Wicca
Essential Oils
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi Veda. Okay then, these details *do* shift the interpretation. And in addition to traditional dream interpretation, I took the time to tap into intuition here, and it results in deeper insight into this dream--and you.

I get the feeling that your emotional world is vast. And that you feel very comfortable in using and tapping into your emotions. The dock in the distance does not mean that in your past you have been distant with your emotions but that from a very long time ago, you feel as though you mastered your feelings and even turned to them to guide you to safe harbor.

You seem to be a very deep person with a lot of spiritual aspects to your life. As for the classy buffet with lovely food that felt the darkest, could it be that there is an aspect within you that is rich and appealing (beliefs, studies and practices) that might have an element of risk? Nothing to be concerned about; just a reflection of a part of you. Whatever it is, you seem to enjoy this part of you.

There is a very strong water element about you. And water has been an important part of your work. Water is the element for communication as well as emotional work. Water is creativity. Water is healing, too. So you may be involved in a career or work that is all of the above. Water in its literal sense might be a part of your waking life. Because of this strong water influence in your dream and waking life, your dream symbol for self is a boat.

The iced over grass is interesting because grass is life and abundance, but being iced over indicates freezing or coldness. You seem to be gliding over this. You might want to reflect on that and what it could possibly relate to in your waking life. It could be anything from a freezing of financial assets in your career (and you aren't worried about it at all) or perhaps you might think that grass could be greener in other pastures but you stop yourself from thinking that way and glide on over.

To simplify this dream, let's just say that the boat theme is commenting upon your vast emotional world and how you are cruising and controlling your direction in life. Boats can be unstable or unbalanced, depending upon the water conditions in life. But since you're on cruise type ships, it is safe to say that you have an inner richness of resources as you travel onward to discover, explore and experience life.

If I were to recommend anything based upon these dreams, I'd say they recur to remind you to enjoy the ride. Whatever comes up, you can cruise through it.

Lori Phillips
Dreams editor

The Dream Collective
and @flutterby03

Marriage editor
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Quote:
Have you considered compiling ebooks with your Bellaonline work?

I have indeed. At present I am just doing the last few things to get my book about the power and secrets of love in magick ready to go on Lulu. Hopefully at the Blue Moon. Then I plan to do the e-book course, and put out some on things such as Dowsing, Astral projection, and building magickal energy.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Thank you so much Lori. That feels spot on, and it's a reminder i needed, to enjoy the ride. I love dreams smile

--- Ian that sounds exciting! Kudos:)

Veda King Blanchard
Wicca
Essential Oils
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I have barely been dreaming lately (that I can remember) because the quality of my sleep has not been good. Just too much stress and a lot going on. The spirit of my deceased boyfriend visits me in my dreams when I ask him to come, but without a good dream state he can't visit me. I hope I will be back to a normal sleep pattern again soon because I want him to come back for a visit. It always makes me feel good to be near him again.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Yes I had a dream last night that I'm ready to go on my vacations in various places of the world. I did shopping, packed my bags and ready for travelling but when I leave my eye opened by a noise.

Page 2 of 83 1 2 3 4 82 83

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.