logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#176487 08/01/04 04:45 AM
OP Offline
How much time do you spend doing relaxing activities?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#176488 08/29/05 07:39 PM
A
A
Not enough! I try to make myself take a break, but 1/3 of the way through the break I feel anxious that I need to get back to work, so I inevitably neglect myself. This makes me crazy- I know that taking time for myself is important, but the fear of not getting tasks completed wins out!

T
T
relaxing activities!! hmmm cant think of any such activity which i do daily except for on weekends. nowadays, the schedule of job is very tight that one hardly finds any time for himself. but we should take out some time.i work-out daily. that is my only relaxing activity..healthy body keeps a healthy mind!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Going to do something relaxing right now! I have a bunch of books to read and review for amazon vine, and I am excited to get right back into one of them.

Thanks for the reminder!

I do yoga twice a week and meditate once every weekend. It definitely helps calm me down and "center" me, if you will.

J
J
I try very hard to find time to do relaxing activities. I like to write and work on arts and craft projects. Something about working with my hands seems to lull me into relaxation.

I've been wanting to start meditating or perhaps trying yoga again but think I might wait until after the holidays before trying to implement something new.

Jennifer Spedowfski-Martin
Creativity Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jennifer -

An easy way to ease into meditation is to meditate when you go to bed. Have a goal of just five minutes of quiet. Not only does five minutes seem attainable but it will also help you sleep better smile And you're laying there anyway, with nothing else to do!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
J
After a hectic day it becomes really important to relax yourself to avoid tardiness. As the ways to relax differs so is the time. Meditation being the most beneficial way requires just a short time interval to make the body energetic again.

Shark
Shark
Not enough. Everyday, after work, i only want to lay on the bed and have a good rest.

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
According to Elisabeth Wilson's book Stress-Proof Your Life: Smart Ways to Relax and Re-Energize try to incorporate relaxation into your life throughout the day.

(Stress-Proof Your Life Book Review)

Be like a “pleasure seeking missile.” Wilson urges readers to indulge in small treats and brief hiatuses and says this will make a huge difference to your state of mind.

Remember it’s the little things. Less is actually more.

For me I love to take walks. This low impact aerobic exercise releases serotonin, the brain chemical that produces feelings safety, security and well-being.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.