Hi all, I'm new here and hoping you all can give me a bit of perspective/advice on my situation. I faced emotional and verbal abuse from my mother for most of my adolescence/early adulthood, with occasional physical violence. Almost 8 months ago, my father and brother were also violent with me (I was hit several times but not beaten, though I did fear for my life). My brother had been physical with me before then, but it was the first time my father had done anything. I left home two days after, with support from a few good friends. About two weeks later, they showed up at my university, at an event hosted by a university club that I was part of (I hadn't realized that going out would be dangerous). My brother was threatening in his body language but my mother held him at bay. I notified campus security and my department office for security purposes. I told all my friends and professors not to divulge any information either etc. Since that incident, my dad has emailed once demanding to meet with me and saying he'll be in the city over the weekend. This was several months ago though. It gets a bit complicated - my brother was off from uni this year, doing an internship in another city. His internship has now ended and come September, he will be back on campus (same uni as me). The reason I'm posting is because I'm working at a new department for the summer. I'm worried that my brother might show up on campus (and I'm afraid he will be physically violent in his attempts to get me to come home). I'm wondering if there is any need to tell my new supervisor something like "I am not in contact with my family and I would appreciate it if you took extra care not to let any visitors know that I work here" or something. The office itself is very secure - tinted windows, main entrance that is controlled by a secretary etc. but if she doesn't know that my family might be dangerous to me, then she might let them in. I'm wondering if I need to notify my boss and secretary or if I'm just over-reacting. It has been 8 months - is this sufficient time to stop worrying about being attacked? (and just in case this is in any way relevant - I am 20y/o, not a kid or anything) Thanks :)