logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#762596 05/14/12 09:54 AM
OP Offline
Me again ;) and I have trouble with the 7 and 8 of Coins/Pentacles. They both seem very much the same: both about effort paying off, patience and taking the long view, getting rewards but there being still further to go, stick-at-it. I even muddle them at first glance and mistake which one has turned up! Lately they are turning up quite often and of course when they both appear in a reading they need to be distinguished, each to convey its own message. They're cards I need to work on to get the concept(s!) clearer in my head anyway. Some people write about them as quite negative in meaning while others take them more positively: rewards, versus not there yet. I've been working with the Universal Waite (as it was in the house anyway - from years ago) until today when the Gilded Tarot arrived that I ordered :) and these two are quite different in this deck. The Seven shows a woman by a tree bearing 'fruit' Pentacles, clearly about reaping the rewards of work, clearly about not-yet. The Eight looks like a student. Makes me think of an idea - can't remember where I came across it - that the pip cards go up in threes, each group a beginning-middle-end of learning: material, social, spiritual (something like that). So the 7 Coins would be the start of a spiritual 'course of learning' and the 8 would be its peak, leading to the 9. Unless the groups are 2-3-4, 5-6-7, 8-9-10... I need to look that idea up again! The 7 certainly looks more like an end and the 8 a beginning, in the Gilded deck. (Come to think of it that idea may have been on the Gaian Tarot website... don't take my word for it though!) Still working on getting my sig working so I'll sign off: MandMaud :D

Last edited by MandMaud; 05/14/12 09:57 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
... bump?

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
sorry I have been dealing with a family emergency this week - not ignoring posts I promise. The seven of pentacles to me means someone who has achieved a lot, but they still feel something is missing - they haven't quite discovered that little extra something that they need to feel fulfilled, despite all their hard work. 7's are more introspective and tend to speak of things within the self. Also, in this card the one coin lies at the mans feet, but he's focused on those coins in the distance. Perhaps it means placing ones energy in the distance rather than focusing on the blessings that are.

Eight of coins is more about hard work at a craft, taking something you love doing and making it profitable through hard work. When work isn't like work anymore, because you are just passionate about what you do and things just flow easily. If they are coming up together it could mean you are working hard towards a goal and seeing progress, recognizing your talents etc. but just a little hint of "something missing" there - maybe a need to slightly tweak or alter your goals a bit to include this.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

OP Offline
Don't apologise! There are others, it's a forum :) and I think this just got missed. Thanx for your distinction between the 7 and 8, that's very clear and I can work it into all the thoughts/feelings around these. The 'something missing' refers to the project of learning Tarot, methinx! I hope your emergency sorts itself out ok. MandMaud

S
S

OP Offline

OP Offline
Woo, that turned out long.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.