Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Oh goodness....that thing about being miserable without kids at age 50 is a bunch of horse poop. I have friends who are over 50, have kids, and are always stressed out. The kids are grown and out of the house, and yet they are still major pains in the neck. I am happy to be childfree at almost 45, thank you very much.

It is an individual choice, one I am happy I made, and my friends I referenced above tell me that I made the right choice. Some women just have kids because they feel it is what they are supposed to do, but later they regret it because they did not take the time to really make the right choice for themselves. Whichever way you go it should be your choice and yours alone, not influenced by anybody else.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
I know you've received many responses, but after reading this post I was so appalled at the unprofessional, patronizing, and rude behavior of this doctor, that I simply had to respond. First of all don't have sex until those pills are refilled by your NEW OB/GYN this woman wants to keep herself in the baby business and has decided to use her sales pitch on you. While finding a new doc, I'd be sure to let the old doc know why you're switching and also to write her a nice review online talking about her horrid bedside manner or should I say lack thereof. What a lunatic!

B
Shark
Shark
B
I am VERY happy to say the woman wasn't my therapist - she was someone I was making small talk before a performance. It went from small, pleasant conversation to her freaking out on my life choices.

What your doctor did sure sounds like projection to me!

I also had a happy, vivacious great aunt who choose never to have children (possibly because she was one of 12 kids!). She lived to be around 90 and her funeral was packed with people of all ages. She was a character and I always admired her. I am also fortunate to have quite a few childfree friends of all ages who are happy with their lives. The people I know who are the happiest live their lives on their own terms, parents or not.

P
P
I might be wrong, but it feels like in the UK there is a lot less pressure - maybe it helps that I live in London. When I asked for a copper IUD to be inserted when I was already on the Pill, the clinic I went to was fully supportive, even though they felt I was being over-careful of getting pregnant. One nurse gently suggested that if I was so terrified of getting pregnant I might want to examine why, but not in an offensive way. Bearing in mind that the Pill / IUD / exam etc are all free over here, I was impressed by the way I was treated. You have my full sympathy!

We're friends with plenty of people without kids, and the reason there is no pressure on them is because of the people they surround themselves with. I don't think it has anything to do with the geographical location. You can find preachers anywhere in the world, just like people who will volunteer their opinion whether or not you ask for it!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.