Print Thread
Page 4 of 103 1 2 3 4 5 6 102 103
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dianne and Vintage GS, those are great non-spending experiences!

This week i paid my water, internet, sewer and mortgage bills. my electric is covered right now from an assistance charity, so that is nice, and I am learning to decrease my electrical wattage each day so the assistance will stretch out for as long as possible.

I have not bought anything else lately. I do need to pick up cat food, but that is really it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I bought cat food (without even a coupon or sale, boo), some bachelor buttons seeds (edible flowers), a start of garlic chives (yum), a self reliance magazine, some hair color and coloring shampoo, some mexican beer (on sale) and five one dollar bottles of seltzer water (i have fresh lemons from the food pantry to flavor them with). I was able to use food stamps on the water.

Everything but the cat food and the chives was from CVS, where I had a 25% off coupon, plus ten dollars in Extra Care Bucks and from using the Green Bag Tag. So at CVS, i really just paid for the beer out of pocket, and everything else ended up free.

Today I will pick up my meds from CVS and will again use my Green Bag Tag. That gives me a free buck every four times I use it. What a nice system. And my meds are free for me through my health care program. It all works out nicely.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I used up the remainder of this month's food stamps on some fresh food, and also picked up some bread and produce from the Cornville food pantry. So no expenses there.

I did spend six dollars on a crank battery charger for phones and other electronic devices. I am really into solar and crank electrical models, and thought six dollars was a great price for something like this. I do have a solar charger for my phone, but a crank unit will work even at night or on dark days. Plus i get to write about it from a frugal POV - it takes no electrical utilities to use. smile

I got the charger from a preparedness store. I love going into that shop.

So it was a six dollar day.

I am finding it very illuminating to see what exactly my expenses are!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yesterday I went to Amazon and picked up another power switch - this one is the simple two prong kind - as the price had dropped on it and i needed one for my laptop.

I also picked up a set of sweat wrist bands to help me stay cool this summer. Sounds paradoxical, but i will be using them to wipe my brow when i go hiking. Those were also very cheap.

Lastly i also grabbed a set of USB heating fingerless gloves to use when I am on the computer in the winter. Normally I would have waited until winter to pick this up, but this was another sale price I did not want to miss. It might even come in handy for camping this summer, so I am not complaining. They even have little depictions of Pooh Bear on them. heh. smile

So i spent $13 for the three things. None of these were actual needs, but the first and last item were bought with the idea of saving watts in my house and lowering my electrical bills.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I spent...nothing! I got a free dinner at a free workshop about better living. I actually am getting paid $10 per class with this 12-class workshop (plus free dinners). YAY!

I did have to drive out there but hopefully will be able to find a free ride out through the guidance clinic going forward.

I also found a new used bookstore, and there are certainly books I want - but I am going to compile an assortment of my own books to trade in, too keep the price as low as possible.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Mainly just the bills.....yuck! LOL.....I did get some needed perishables as well....bread and milk.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Bills and food! The boring expenses. smile Good on you for not buying anything else, Debbie. smile

Mostly, people's biggest expenses are housing, utilities and food, in that order. All of those things can be adjusted and trimmed, unless you are locked into a mortgage or have to stay in a particular apartment, for whatever reason.

I have the lowest possible mortgage I was able to find and I both have food stamps and use food pantries for my food, as well as doing the super-coupon thing. So for me, food is a really minimal expense.

Utilities is the thing I have the most control over and is the most interesting thing to save for me right now.

--------
I should start to gather up books for trade, so I can spend less on the used bookstore on thursday.

I don't expect I will have other expenses this week, except maybe i will top off my gas tank before the prices rise again.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I was SOOOO good today! I bought nothing! Though I took my kids to buy gum and nail polish - they spent their own money smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ooops... I forgot - I bought decaf-coffee, but that was at 6:30am LOL. That feels like yesterday wink

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Good for you, Deanna! that is a really small expense - the decaf - you did great!

And i like how the kids spent their own money on their treats. That's a perfect way to handle non-necessities and children, IMO.

It's so good to see you in the forums. smile

Last edited by Jilly; 05/01/12 09:44 PM.
Page 4 of 103 1 2 3 4 5 6 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.