Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#737261 01/02/12 08:52 PM
C
C.Honey Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I recently discovered that my husband had been communicating with several women via the internet. Yes, I snooped! My radar had been going off for some time and curiosity got the best of me. Not only had he located his former college lover, but he was communicating on a regular basis with random fb friends via his inbox. Needless to say, this was a serious blow to my self esteem. I think what shocked me the most was his willingness to share his thoughts and feelings with "strangers" when I literally have to pull words out of his mouth. He says that nothing went pass these communications. I think I believe him only because his time is accounted for. I have temporarily moved out of our bedroom because I felt like I need time and space to think this through. My question is, how do I get pass this? Right now it feels like I might never be able to forgive let alone forget. My friend thinks I'm making too big a deal out of it because there was no physical contact. I feel betrayed all the same...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C.Honey #737278 01/02/12 09:38 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Hi, C.Honey. Thanks for posting. I'm sorry this has upset you. It must feel awful to find that your husband is communicating with others when he is so reticent with you.

Are you making a big deal out of nothing? Hmmm. Not necessarily. Is it cheating? Depends on the communications. Even if they are not sexual in nature, there is something called emotional cheating. If he and his other are developing more than a friendly bond...it is a type of infidelity.

I think that I would take this opportunity to review my marriage. Why would my husband feel the need to seek out former lovers or female friends? Why does he feel more comfortable sharing thoughts with others than with me?

Of course, I would feel hurt but it would be a serious wake-up call for me. Is there something lacking in our relationship? How is he feeling about himself? Me? Our marriage?

While there never is a good excuse to cheat, there are reasons why people stray. You can learn a lot from this situation. I don't think I would harp on the fact that he did what he did, I would get to the "why" first.

Think about this before I share with you what men have shared with me about why they have strayed outside their marriage.

C.Honey #738227 01/05/12 11:12 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I know from experience that cyber cheating can lead to actual physical cheating. Obviously something is wrong somewhere, and it may not have anything to do with you, but a problem that he has within himself.

Only communication with him will get to the bottom of it, and if he does not know why he is doing it then counseling would certainly help him to get to the root of the problem. It is worth a shot to save the marriage.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
C.Honey #738322 01/05/12 03:32 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
You're right, Cassie, and I was remiss in not mentioning that all-important fact. Sometimes, a man cheats for reasons that have nothing to do with his relationship with his wife. It is an inner drive. Insecurity, compulsion just to name two.

C.Honey #738450 01/06/12 01:18 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Hi C.honey,

I think a lot of it depends on the type of cybe communication there is.

It's human nature to want to communicate with other people, be it male or female. It's how we thrive.

BUT...if it's something more than just writing back and forth, I'd go as far as even then saying a little curiosity is somewhat normal, and it can feel restraining I guess, if you can't have that healthy (HEALTHY) freedom.

But there should be a boundary somewhere that tells a person, hey this is making me feel differently towards my wife/husband and at that point you'd hope that the person or persons would re-evalute why.

If it's something your partner is doing and just can't stop, well no amount of force is going to make it any more balanced/natural in their not wanting to do it anymore.

If that's the case, my opinion/feeling is - establish your own network and explore that avenue...so turn a negative into a positive smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
C.Honey #759024 04/23/12 09:28 PM
C
C
Hi C. Honey, I was sad to read this. If it is not too late to share - I have experience with this (unfortunately). (I see the post is a few months old.) After communicating with my husband it turned out there were deeper issues. I hope you explore this and find some peace. I was always told we were given instincts for a reason; but be careful to not confuse instincts with paranoia. Communication is key.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.