Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK one last one for now. It was too funny. I was doing a reading on my personal finances which are extremely tight right now. It's part of why I'm doing a push to get all my ebooks into the Kindle. So first I drew the King of Pentacles. Then the World. I wanted a NEW card though to write up for this. So finally I drew the Queen of Swords - which is my personal card!! I think the deck was trying to tell me something smile

Queen of Swords

I'm extremely familiar with this card, for obvious reasons smile I think my interpretation of it is fairly close to "traditional" ones. Again though when I look at other decks I am sometimes horrified at how they draw this favorite card of mine smile I guess we are all different!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa,

That is great about the BellaOnline Alumni. Good to see so many previous editors doing some really great things!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Lisa-

Your system of shuffling sounds fine to get the cards randomised and susceptible to sychronistic influence. I wonder if the pushing the cards together might be scuffing the edges a bit? Mind you if you do it as gently as I suspect you do that effect would be minimal.

With my blending technique I split the pack in two and hold them at 45 degrees- almost like a pyramid. With my middle fingers (Saturn) bracing the base and my thumbs on the edge of the card. Then I gently move my thumbs apart allowing the cards to fall in an interlaced manner and then push them together.

Done in a flowing manner it looks like a riffle shuffle but with none of the damage. I'm lucky that with my massage training I am aware of exactly how much pressure I use and avoid damaging the edges of the cards. Although the edges of some of my 20 year + ones are a bit darker around the middle, but that's about it.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Looks like your link to the Queen of Swords goes through to the wrong link - unless I'm doing something wrong?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh sorry I've fixed the Queen of Swords link. It should be fine now.

I got distracted by other things but I'm back on course to finish this project!

First up, Knight of Cups.

Knight of Cups

Interestingly, it was about a male who was someone I'd been thinking about. Not romantically, but as a friend with issues.

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 05/07/12 08:34 PM.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK next up, the Five of Pentacles. Interestingly, I drew this for a young woman who is feeling sort of bleak about her life, because she can't go to college. But the card indicates that she should realize the good things she DOES have.

Five of Pentacles

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
This is for another friend of mine who is facing some rough times. The Seven of Swords seems a perfect mix. There are many burdens there - but in some sense those burdens are caused by the person's view of what is going on.

Seven of Swords

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
The moon, for yet another friend of mine. Interestingly my Moon card seems fairly different from other Moon cards I looked at on the web. Other ones seem to have a variety of animals or paths on them. Mine is just about the moon and hills.

The Moon Tarot Card

A good match for my friend.

Low Carb Forum
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
awesome journal entries Lisa - I really like how you have them formatted and with the pic on them. I need to get into doing this again myself with some of my cards. I haven't done a journal in a while.

Christin Sander - Tarot Editor
http://tarot.bellaonline.com
Follow me on Twitter @Christin_writes

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm just getting back into this project.

Today for myself, and my weekend plans, I drew the World. Lots to do!

For a friend of mine who is in a stalking situation, I drew the two of cups. Maybe that means a truce will come and he'll leave her alone.

Then finally the first new card that I hadn't done yet. I asked about my planning for the upcoming BellaOnline gathering. I drew the Seven of Cups. SO that was interesting. Tons of choices, and I have to be wise to choose the best ones. I think that was quite appropriate!

Seven of Cups

UPDATE: I just drew this exact same card again, when asking about how to go about sorting and selling my "extra stuff / junk" i.e. old books, jewelry, etc. Interesting! Definitely lots of choices to ponder.

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 09/21/12 06:32 PM.

Low Carb Forum
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.