Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Decorating your home with art is like adding the frosting to the cake. It�s this last embellishment more than anything in decorating that reflects a very personal side of you.

Decorate with Art That You Love

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Donna

I enjoyed reading your article and so true, 'you' have to live with it and 'your' choice is what makes a home a home and not a boutique hotel with 'boutique' art.

I also think that some art suits some rooms and some not. The bedroom springs to mind. Do you know Sir William Russell Flint's work? For me those water colours of Cecelia and friends are most certainly bedroom art while ... oh but who could I choose as an example for other rooms? Breughal maybe for the dining room or kitchen? But the list goes on nearly forever as we all like different things anyway and so on.

I love and have a large mounted poster of Gaughan in my home office - can't remember what it is called but it is a very common one readily seen on any poster site with this beautiful Polynesian lady carrying papayas. In your face is what a friend of mine said once. Tut I answered, no, on the wall in MY office!

Frames, canvas, photos, wallpapers - phew the list is nearly endless really when it comes to decorating with your own definition of what constitutes art for you.

Don't you just love the choices we have in life?

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Lestie,
I hadn't heard of Sir William Russell Flint until now. I googled his work and love one he has of Cecilia reading poems. I have a painting of a woman walking through a flower garden reading what looks to be a love note - a heart-shaped piece of paper. I found it in an antique store on the floor by a pile of odds & ends. One look and I was smitten. My husband loves it too.

The last several years I've been collecting vintage paintings of flowers - oils, watercolors as well as prints. I also love old tole trays and empty gesso frames as wall art. Next week I'm going on vacation and am hoping to find one or two pieces to add to my collection.

Donna smile

Last edited by Donna - Budget Decor; 04/16/12 03:49 PM.

I
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I
Hi Donna Thank you for sharing your ideas about decorating rooms. I always lkie to buy a lot of idea home decors,but I don't really know how to decorate them in a right order to make the room much beautiful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.