Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Are you looking for ways to transform your home with garden decor? Consider these 10 simple and inexpensive ideas.

10 Ways to Decorate with Garden Decor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Donna and all,

I really enjoyed reading your latest article, lots of really nice ideas not only to connect to the garden but also to your first step container 'garden room' being your patio or verandah or balcony or stoep (whichever you have or where)

Regarding your point number 5 I have a friend who breeds Shih Tzu dogs and because they are miniature and small dogs anyway, she uses a white picket fence idea as a door stop in each of the rooms of sections of her house and bathroom etc.

She has them at the bottom of the doors of selected rooms as a sort of a gate to keep her dogs 'contained' as it were. The dogs are happy as they can see out and are not left out of the house happenings and she can separate whomever she needs to easily (younger puppies from older ones, those for sale and ready to be homed and so on).

Of course the dogs don't get out but, like a ship, us humans just step over the 'gate'

She has decorated one with purple pansies and another with daisies painted on a lime green background and I say it really looks fresh and fun and a really nice and easy feature.

If a person does not breed dogs and is a busy Mom doing housework, maybe it is an idea to keep baby contained in a big crawl-around playpen where he/she can see Mom but Mom can get on with the job as it were in the next room.

Anyway, say cheers

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
D
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
D
Hi Lestie,
I'm glad you like my article. Thanks for sharing your ideas, too! I was watching Emma last night and there is a scene where she is playing with puppies in the stable and there is a picket fence in place of a stall door to keep the puppies contained.

We use plastic gates that are moveable to keep our little dog-in-training from having free run of the house. I like your friend's idea much better!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.