Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My Wife and I travelled to Oz in 2002 to see the eclipse and we also got married out there. Ayers rock is excellent but avoided climbing it as it is sacred to the local tibes and you should seek permission first as i understand it. The Loci (spirits of place) are very friendly too - particularly the Rainbow Serpent.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
When I someday get a chance to go out and visit I'll definitely be visiting the various wine countries smile That will be the main attraction for me!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lisa, you should also visit some of the more unusual wine growing areas.

The Granite Belt (Stanthorpe) has some magnificent wines (and wine tours) and you need to come to Brisbane and make a visit to Sirromet Wines (which is actually within the Brisbane city limits!)

I only wish that the Bundaberg Fruit Winery was still in production - they had some magnificent wines (their plum wine was just plain gorgeous - and they also made a beautiful honey dew melon and a water melon wine - both just tasted of summer!).

Megan McConnell
I would really love to go to Australia, the only concern I have is the fact it has some of the most deadliest creatures on earth and it panics me that I could be in my hotel and a poisonous snake or deadly spider could crawl into my room! That is my only set back :( Are deadly creature encounters often in Australia? If not and its just me being silly then I'd better start saving my pennies.... well hundreds of pounds!

A
A
No I have not been to Australia yet. But I wish to go soon.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Australians are the friendliest people in the world. They helped make my visit there a success.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Again, thanks Jim for your lovely words. One thing I understand about the Aussie nature is that we don't often stand on ceremony, (in fact we shun pretence in all its forms), we're happy to look you in the eye and tell it like it is, and we are very good at laughing at ourselves.

Come back to Oz, Jim, we can show you a really good time!

Cheerio for now

Judie Bellingham
Editor Australia & Quilting Sites

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Linda and I visited the Jacobs Creek wineries when we visited Adelaide. We are still using some of the practical souvenirs, such as the champagne fizz cork saver, now ten years later. the wine itself was excellent. smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
I would love to go to Australia and visit the wine country. I also would make sure I get to stand near Ayers Rock and feel the spiritual vibrations. Such beautiful land there.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
We went there too when we visited Alice Springs. It's five hours each way by coach(!) but nice through the Outback. It is very spiritual and next time I hope to climb it- but only with the permission of the Loci via the local Shaman.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.