Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
missyT Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
A high school acquaintance of mine manages our local grocery store. We often chat when I'm there and a while back he asked me if hubby and I had kids. " no kids for us" I replied. " you're smart"he said. "I had a son a while back and it's like going home to a second job. I mean, I love him, but it's real work, no one tells you that." I was...surprised. I told him how I babysat a child his sons age and quit rather quickly because I found it very exhausting and was annoyed by those process and called my mom to come over lol " it's probably different when it's your child though, I said. His response, " no it's really not, I love my son, but my kid is annoying believe me, and I wish I could put him off on someone else a lot." I had to share this on here!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
They sure don't come with a 30-day money-back guarantee do they ?

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think a lot of my decision not to have kids is that our parents generation was used to long hours of self-sacrificing work, discipline and selflessness.

Our generation is used to selfishness and not too much discipline.

F
F
hi, i don t have kids myself,and never thought about having any.i mfroma family with 2 sisters and 3 brothers and no father and many times i had to take care of them. it is not the reason i haven t got any children though. but i understood in the long run it didn t change anything what i did for them. the world today is so not healthy that having children wouldn t fit.it d be a burden to meas much spiritually as materially.looking at someone being taken over by thisworld hurts.butthen i d also haveto support it somehow.for example i don t support school,so i wouldn t pay or go to work to put anyone to school.it s so much hassle and makes you tread on a path that has nothing to do with me. most importantly i have no time to have children,that isnot why iamborn ifeelandwould just be a hindrance to my spiritual work. there are worlds where having children is nice but in this one it is not right at all. sorry if i ever was off topic

F
F
i d also have the impression by having kids to give more fuel tothis world physically.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
That is a perfect rendition of what I feel forest of gems even though I had a wonderful father.

Until people understand who and what we are, all that more people will do is to gouge the resources of the world and compete like animals.

M
missyT Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
Forest of Gems, although, like Burt I have a wonderful dad, I feel the same as you. I'm happy that we were insightful enough to realize this BEFORE having kids. In the case of my friend from the market it's too late, and clearly he is filled with a mixture of guilt and regret that he will no doubt carry throughout the years.

F
F
yeah i know what you mean whatever you say whatever you do ,if you have kids you can t take it back,the best thing i guess if you do have some is to tell them the truth.my mother never wanted to have kids either she did,just to keep my dad and for other inner reasons,like existential problems but at least she told us,and i am personnally fine with it eventhough she got on my nerves a lot hahha. i think if you don t mind me saying ,your friend should at least overcome his guilt and regret,that will permit him to change.i think the problem in those cases is that there is also just one way society teaches to be a parent.but at least he can still move and be free in the area of his spirit.guilt and regret are not good to live with.better that than live in a lie .good luck to him.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi missyT and Forest of Gems,

I think it is soooo neat that we can openly express ourselves here.

We have developed a great deal of science and technology yet our minds and our emotions remain primitive.

Until first the few, then the many can understand who we are -- what we are -- why we are, then there really is no use to bringing forth life.

Money has been the god of this life for a long, long, long time.

Everything is pandered to the outer ego -- yet this is the transient.

War is simply stating:

You have more money, more land, more beautiful women than I do.

Therefore I will create any sophisticated technique to ramp up mass emotions into a frenzy so I can succeed at my agenda no matter the cost.

Raise a child to 18yrs, then they become cannon fodder UNLESS you have the money and/or military and/or educational rank and/or political ties that allows you to survive -- human life is cheap.

Nobody has time to think and to reason what has transpired upon this planet over, and over and over again in the long forgotten unwritten history of this planet.

Nobody knows who is who in this battle over the hearts and minds of men and women.

And Love is sold as a commodity -- not sex -- Love.

So, until we begin to peak our heads above the clouds of who, what, where, and why a human being is -- then there is no use to give raw material to those who have ruled this planet with an iron fist for millenia.

F
F
hails burt,i thinkthat way to i feellike i m stopping the carnage hahaha

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.