logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#745345 02/08/12 01:32 PM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It stands to reason if we are fat, our kids are fat our pets will be obese too. How can we overcome this vicious circle? We feel lousy. Do you remember that feeling of euphoria that we got during fun physical activity? It doesn�t matter, pets or exotic pets our animals have a serious problem!

What have you done to maintain a healthy weight or to manage your pet's obesity?

Fat Pets � Obesity

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Have you looked at food labels lately? There is a ton of salt and fat in many food items. Huge amounts of salt. Everyone should be more aware of what is in processed foods. Pet foods are far from what is right for an animal. To much of the wrong thing, not enough of the right thing. Why grain in a carnivorous animal's food.

G
G
My wife had a blood clot problem a DPT. She had really bad swelling. This all happened after a major back surgery. We couldn't find hardly anything without salt.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
About the only foods that humans haven't added salt to are fresh foods, veggies, grains and such. Even fresh foods can have natural occurring salt but as long as you're not adding salt to your foods or eating processed foods with a ton of salt added the natural occurring salt would be fine. There has been studies of salt causing obesity. I sent my husband to the store to pick up chicken breasts. We always buy them in a bag but this time he picked up a bag that looked like the one we usually purchase. It tasted terribly salty. I looked at the label it said processed with chicken broth. Then took a look at the salt content and it was substantial. Take a look at the label on Campbells soup one of these days!

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I just read an article where processed bread is one of the foods with the most salt most people aren't aware of. I am not sure how true that is and is hoping someone can share some insight.

C
Shark
Shark
C
The best excuse for adding salt to cat food I've seen increase dietary sodium intake to increase the outflow of urine to increase thirst. Huh?

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Somehow I just don't doubt pet food companies would do something like that. Salt is addictive. I have read several articles on the subject. You aren't necessarily aware of it but it is. There is no excuse for the amount of salt in our food or pet food. Take a plain bagel one large plain bagel has 700mg of salt! Raisin Bran, Kellogg, 1 cup - 362, Cottage cheese, fat free, 4 oz - 380, two tablespoons of zesty Italian salad dressing Italian, zesty - 510.

Now go look at pet food labels. I just checked out the Marshalls ferret food. The label states salt but not how much.

I do know that MANY ferrets have died of salt poisoning from human snack food, chips ect. Here is the first part of my complete series on ferrets Ferrets

I also have a paperback book published (also Kindle) Ferrets: A Complete Guide. It can be found on Amazon.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.