logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
As much as I love writing, and I really do, I have decided to go back to school. I'm going to be attending my old college via the internet. I'm pretty excited about this. I'm going for business with emphasis on marketing and finance. It's been ten years since the last time I took a class and this time around I'm more focused, mature and ready. Any online learners out there that can share any advice on how to get the most of this experience?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I am working on my Master's degree online and I love it! Being online, it is heavily writing-based, but that works well for me. The more you read and respond to the posts of the other students, the more you will get out of the course. If you touch on a subject that interests you, use all of the resources to dig further into it when you are in between sessions and have more free time. Time management can be tricky when going to school online. Don't let things pile up!

Megan Faulkner
Attachment Parenting
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Congratulations Rlmathewson on your return to school. I am sure you will love it. Business is always an interesting field and getting a degree in business can open up many options for you. Keeping up your enthusiasm is really important so you need to keep thinking about what you will be able to do once you get that degree. Megan is right too - another really important factor is time management. It is easy to fall behind when there is no "class" that you need to complete readings for and no other students asking you about the readings or other assignments. If you are already good at time management that is fantastic. If you need some ideas or help with it then there are other students who will be able to give you ideas - just ask.

Megan - great ideas for helping to get the most out of an online learning experience. Thanks for sharing.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I'm sure you'll have a blast! I'm really enjoying my online experience. My key is to print out a schedule at the beginning of the week and keep it on my desk, of exactly what is due when for each class. It's the only way I stay on track.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.