logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
I joined BellOline a while ago, but haven't had much of a chance to get involved. Today I was looking over everything and could have kicked myself for now coming here sooner and getting to know everyone. Here's my problem. I'm pretty much starting over in life, just getting out of a horrible marriage and I'm trying to figure out somethings for myself. I'm also trying to do all the things I've always wanted to do. One of them is makeup, I've never been a girly girl, but would like to....at least to a certain level. I have no idea how to buy makeup, what to look for or who to apply it. I'm hoping that some of you do and can help me out with some much needed advice. To help you out, I have very fair skin, honey blond hair and blue eyes. I'm carrying a little bit of extra weight right now, but that's another problem I'm dealing with. I'm thinking I should start simple but I have no clue what even that is. Any help would be very much appreciated :) Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
OP Offline
R
Thank you :) I'm going to check it out right now.

W
W
just saw you question, I am also blonde and blue eyes and a few extra pounds so the makeup that I like to wear most is the Physicians formula most with the mascara and eye liner because if your not careful some makeup can burn your eyes and I find that I don't have this problem, it cost a bit more but if you go to CVS store and watch the ad and sign up for their makeup card, you can get some good prices. Also I am one for not liking liquid makeup. I use Loreal Hydra Perfect loose powder, blends nicely on the skin and no heavy feeling. If your skin is dry, you should use a light moisturizer first, let it dry before you start to apply the makeup, but if you don't have time to dry what I do is apply the loose powder lightly 2nd start with the eyes, apply your light color first to the upper eyelid and above the lashes then get the medium color and apply to middle of your lid going towards the outside corner some last depend how your eyes are set, you can add a darker color to the outside corner of the eyes, then if you want you can put the eyeliner on the bottom part of the eye under the lashes. you can do 2 ways...from the center of the eye to the outside corner or the whole bottom of the eye, I do the first one. you can do this to the top lash as well then put you blush on...pucker your lips to get an idea of how your check line is, put the blush in the grove...use a coral type color then above that put a color that is a bit lighter than the coral, I am not into the pink colors ( if you notice when some one blushes, it is not a pink color) because of my weight, I have a bit of a double chin so what I do is put a bit of blush under my chin and under my jaw. I do not go out the under all of the jaw line, just a little out like a trangle. Now is time for the powder foundation, you will need a wide round flat brush, just lightly touch the powder than tap it on the side of the jar so that there is just a small amount of powder, slowly work this all over your face but not on your eye. also apply on your upper neck to blend the blush you had put on under your chin. you want to hide any line from your face to your hairline and neck. I hope this helps you to get a new start. For cleaning your face at night... don't use anything with alcohol in it, you want it to be clean and naturel and watch the oil content in products too I hope this helps you and good luck on your new adventure! You go girl!

B
B
Instead of starting with heavy foundations you should start off with moisturizers that have a tint of colour in them and use all natural ingredients so your skin has the chance to get used to having product on it. BB creams are a natural and healthy solution that has become popular in North America recently. It provides full moisture with a hint of colour giving you a natural cover and dewy glow, something foundations may not necessarily do.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.