Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
One morning as I went outside I saw a little black cat peer around the corner of the house. She was injured and very timid. I put food out for her but it was a few days before she let me come close enough to touch her; she had a broken leg, an open wound on her side, ear mites and she was painfully thin. The vet did as much as she could, and we nursed the kitty back to health, although the leg never did heal normally. I named the cat Agnes, because she had arrived on my dear recently deceased MIL Agnes' birthday. Agnes was one of the sweetest cats I ever had, and she lived over 10 years with me until she died.
Only one of the many waifs that have moved in with me over the years.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
All my critters save one (the chihuahua) have been rescues. It's how I roll. smile

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
And it is the only way to roll. Even though my animals are way up in the senior advantage plan, they are all rescues except for one ferret that jumped into the cart and followed me home from PetCo oops.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Diana, isn't it wacky when they do that? lol smile

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Wacky is the perfect term. Do you travel in the RV with cats? How does it work out? I suppose if they were started out as kittens...

Shark
Shark
I have adopted an abandoned animal, a black kitten. When my former neighbors moved away, they left him--outside! Before they left, it appeared they'd eaten a lot of food and gave him none.

I know some people say you're not supposed to give cats a bath but I did anyway and found out my little guy had white on his tummy and on the tips of his paws. He's been with us for three years now and is such a joy.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I don't understand how people can be so cruel to animals, especially baby animals. Sometimes bath's are a necessarily evil. Thank goodness you found the little kitten, restored his health and gave him a loving home.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Years ago I took my Jack Russell / Fox Terrier cross for a walk in the park and a little Jack Russell attached himself to us, followed us all around and then back home. He came exactly half way down the driveway and then sat very straight as if he was saying 'Look, I'm a good boy'. I held the door for him and he came in and never left until the end of his life. He was skin and bone and had obviously been abused. It took months before he stopped stealing food and being afraid of sudden movements, but in the end he was a very loving little dog and he knew a soft touch when he saw one.

Our current dog is a black lab / water spaniel cross. We're her fifth owners in five years! She was abandoned as a puppy, second owners didn't want her around their young kids, third owners got hit by the recession and had to work very long hours, so they did the decent thing and gave her to a rescue group, and we adopted her from them. She loves every scrap of attention she gets - and she gets lots! We spoil her rotten of course, and she'll never go anywhere else.

Grace Rostoker
Mystery Movies Editor

Mystery Movies Site
Mystery Movies Forum

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Grace, that is a lovely story about the JRT. Good for you - you got a very nice little doggie to love.

E
E
The great joy of my life is Honeybunny, a young rabbit abandoned in a provincial park and taken to the SPCA. We think he was only 4-5 weeks old, and that he was so small he would never grow into his big ears. This year he will turn 10 years old, a long life for a rabbit, and is still hopping along happily. HB, as we now call him that he has grown up, is a house rabbit who has endeared himself to us by learning the sound of the refrigerator door opening, pulling on the shoe laces of my husband when he wants attention, and, my favorite, coming into the bedroom and hopping up on the bed when he thinks its time we were up. Pets are such a joy, and even more joyous when rescued.

Ann Carroll Burgess
EuropeanTravel@bellaonline.com
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.