Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: missyT
Isn't the ARD program in PA for first time DUI offenders? I'm pretty certain that's what it's for. I just looked it up, and that's what it's for.

There are 2 programs now that have to do with the ARD program. There is the "ARD" program which is exactly what you stated above. And there is the "NON-DUI ARD PROGRAM".

~~BETTER TO BE DISLIKED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE NOT~~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Kitten - Depression
StormChaser, I'm so shocked and saddened by the way things have worked out in this case. It seems so unfair. If I were you, I would consult with another attorney. I agree with Cassie in that it seems your attorney could've done more for you. There is such a thing as malpractice in the law field, too. Most attorneys (I think) will still do phone consultations free of charge. Even if you have to pay a consultation fee, it would be worth it, if you could get your job back.

One thing that has to be understood is that in this case, I had no defense. The guy who passed me on the double yellow is an ex-professional football player and a celebrity. Money should not matter, nor should social status but in the real world we live in today, it does! If I would have taken this case to court and lost, I would have a record for 5 years, lost my license and much more to pay in fines. Then if the ex-football player wanted to, he could have sued me for everything I have which means I would be out on the streets.

With the program I am currently in, my record will be expunged in 2 yrs. with no loss of license. Unfortunately, in this state as well as many others, your employer can fire you without even giving a reason. I now have a record that will follow me wherever I go for 2 years. It seemed inevitable that my employer would have done a background check and I am now unemployed.

I will be collecting unemployment while looking for part-time work. My DH is also still recovering from his foot surgery and hopefully will be able to return to work soon. In the meantime, taking it day by day with finances dwindling

~~BETTER TO BE DISLIKED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE THEN LOVED FOR BEING WHO YOU ARE NOT~~
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
You are in my prayers, StormChaser. I wish for better days ahead for you in 2012.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
Well, StormChaser, at least you have the unemployment. It's not much, but it's something. And 2 years is a long time, but it's better than forever, right? And you didn't lose your license, which is huge!

From what you say, it could have been a lot worse. And if you were wealthy, Mr. Football Celebrity would have sued. Would like to elaborate on how I feel about Mr. Football Celebrity, but I'd better not. Suffice it to say that he isn't someone I'd ever want to meet.

Stormchaser, you are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed about how you're doing. I'm sure I can speak for everyone on this forum in saying we're wishing and hoping for good things for you and your family!!

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I just read all the posts here. This is a pretty frightening story. It sounds like it could happen to anyone at any time, whether culpable or not.

K
Gecko
Gecko
K
I agree, Jilly. Sounds like a Mickey Mouse justice system there. A classic case of the "haves" and their power taking advantage of the "have nots." Really scary.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.