Next Thread
Print Thread
#653951 01/04/11 09:13 PM
A
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
A
Quite a few years ago my wife and I were on a trip from one midwest city to another. It was about a 600 mile journey and we were pulling a trailer. I knew very little about packing so I had some thin plastic over the trailer and in mid- journey the plastic ripped in the wind and our household wares were getting soaked in the rain. My wife had also just knitted an afgan that blew out of the trailer and we could not find it. We were so devistated as all of our stuff was getting soaked and we could do nothing about it. We stopped along side of the road and my wife just started crying. Soon a pick up with a camper slowed up and pulled in behind us. They got out and asked if we needed help and we did not know what to say. Our things were getting wet in the trailer so the man said," Let me look in the camper to see if I have something to help you." We said no but he insisted. They had a beautiful oak cabinet in the camper that was full of clothes and he emptied it. He told us to take this cabinet to put our clothes in it to keep them dry. He insisted so we complied. This thing was beautiful and very secure and it truly kept our clothes from being totally soaked. We were not used to people being so very giving, especially on the road so all we could do is hug and thank them for their kindness when they left. They were Mormon and we have never needed people more in our lives at that moment than these people. What an example of love!!!! We never saw them again but would like them to know that, wherever they are, the wonderful thing that they did for us in our time of need, Bless them

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
So glad you experienced this. It has been my experience, too, that Mormon people truly live their beliefs. Good people.

Tiger
Tiger
We have a group that meets in the office building and they are ALWAYS very nice and well behaved.

Now as far as some of their beliefs, I do not agree with, but "respect" their dedication to their religion.

I remember times when they would visit my apartment complex back in Orlando, Florida riding on bicycles (young men). I had asked why, they said it was part of their ministry and they "volunteered" to live a simple life for I think a year, away from their families - training.

Awesome...

What a beautiful experience you have shared. I just saw this today; my family had an unexpected death and as a result, it's been quite a while since I've been back to the forums. We were taking care of family needs.

So today when I saw your post, I just had to comment and thank you for sharing that. It's wonderful to meet up with people who seek to live kind teachings, no matter the faith they belong to, isn't it? Bless you for sharing your thoughts. I hope you are well! And perhaps still here on the forum board?

C.S. Bezas, BellaOnline.com LDS Editor
[url=http://www.bellaonline.com/site/lds]
So glad for your comment, Lori! It's great to have you here at the forum. And I popped into your Marriage area; what a great writer you are. I particularly enjoyed your article about Helping Spouses Lose Weight. I hope you have a super day!

Originally Posted By: Lori - Marriage
So glad you experienced this. It has been my experience, too, that Mormon people truly live their beliefs. Good people.

Hi, Angela! You are the best. Thank you for your words. My son is serving a mission right now back east. He loves the people there. And so when I read words like yours, I thank the Lord for tender-hearted people like you who are kind. I hope we can meet someday. You are a stalwart and great example here at BellaOnline.com! And your website about unemployment is amazing.

Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
We have a group that meets in the office building and they are ALWAYS very nice and well behaved.

Now as far as some of their beliefs, I do not agree with, but "respect" their dedication to their religion.

I remember times when they would visit my apartment complex back in Orlando, Florida riding on bicycles (young men). I had asked why, they said it was part of their ministry and they "volunteered" to live a simple life for I think a year, away from their families - training.

Awesome...

Last edited by C.S. Bezas, LDS Host; 03/18/12 01:39 PM.

Moderated by  C.S. Bezas, LDS Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.