logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Most annoying response...probably "Oh well you don't know that" or "You'll change your mind later" Those are responses that always pi$$ me off. Not only is it condescending but it's like they've totally disregarded all your years of thinking and searching as nothing more than a whim. All the years I spent pondering over whether I wanted kids or not, has be shoved aside and my choice colored the shade of youthful whimsy. I'm not that short sighted or whimsical that I'd make this type of decision so lightly, and people brushing it off as such is nothing more than a total lack of respect.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Sam B. Offline OP
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Cream pie- I hear you! Isn't it more selfish of a complete stranger to walk up to Someone they don't even know and upon learning that they don't want kids, act like they should have kids for the sake of some stranger?! People don't find that reasoning selfish in itself?

Jennifer B.- my reasons exactly. I find that phrase both condescending and unreasonable. They don't know me, what right do they have to tell me what will or will not happen later in life.

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I actually really like this question from people because I can really mess with minds if it's a stranger. I love to spin horrible tales of illness, death and disfigurement. It freakin' serves them right for asking such personal questions of a stranger.

People who know me even remotely, only ask this question once. I tell them working for years with critically ill children made me realize how terrible the world is and that I don't want to bring new children into it.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I don't get asked about it much but I would usually get the you'll change your mind bit. Most of the time if I get asked if I have kids or not is when I work with new coworkers I haven't worked with before. They usually ask just to make conversation.

A small number might ask why and when I tell them I have no desire they usually don't say anything else. Because of the nature of our job (I travel a lot about 3-6 days out of the week) they understand the difficulty of having young children with what we do.

Usually my coworkers are young and don't have children yet or they are older and have grown children because it's easier to be away from home with our jobs.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.