Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#695858 06/16/11 02:25 AM
jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
My double chin always seems to get in the way when I'm dressed almost perfect for a party.It makes me seem fat and old even when the rest of my body is fine. In pictures I always tend to look like the fattest one! What should I do?

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Hi Jodiemt,

Double chins are common, and as you said while the rest of you looks beautiful people still have this problem. Double chins are all about countouring. There are a few steps you can try that should help:

1. Purchase a foundation (or powder) one shade darker than you normally wear. This is what you will want to apply on your double chin.

2. Next, using a quality brush use bronzer suited to your skin tone (if you aren't sure, you can check out this article on Bronzer Basics to make sure you are using the correct color).

3. Brush the bronzer from each ear to the other. This will help disguise the appearance of a double chin.

4. If you find this does not work for you, the other alternative is to use te darker bronzer or foundation and lightly apply down your neck-but be careful not to apply too much.

5. The last step is to apply powder to set your normal foundation foundation on your face and the darker foundation to help with the double chin.

6. Always make sure to check and make sure everything is blended!!!

Let me know if this helps or you find you need more tips cool

Kim Ringler

jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Dear Kim Ringler, Thanks you so much for the advice. I will try it out and let you know. Love, Jodie.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Visual Correction of Double Chin
Double chin, basically, visually makes us look heavier and less attractive. Your task is to shift the accent so that the chin doesn�t attract attention at all. You can lengthen the neck visually; this way the effect of extra weight and double chin will simply stop bursting upon the eye. Long-neck effect can be reached with the help of small neckline cuts on the clothes you wear (blouses, tank-tops, shirts).
Clothes to Wear with Double Chin
Do not use tops and blouses which have neck-cut right at the base of the neck or shirts with plain neck-line. Clothes like that will simply attract extra attention to your double chin. Your wardrobe should mostly have clothes with V-shaped neckline. The lower the neck-line, the less evident your double chin will be. Clothes with buttons are also nice pick for your wardrobe.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
V
V
hey Kim, thanks for the reply.. it will be helpful. online cosmetics

Last edited by vibhasharma; 09/05/11 04:49 AM.
M
M
use a bronzer honey, blush it towards your ear. Try to visit lifo.com, it's a social network for girls and you can discuss this topic freely, and for sure you can get more advises.

J
J
You can also do things that will draw the eye away from it. Try a sweater with a lower neckline and a nice necklace or pretty ear rings. At the end of the day, just do something that makes you feel comfortable.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Great advice! You seem like a practical problem solver. Welcome to BellaOnline.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

K
K
you can always use make up to disguise the double chin. One tip for make up is to make sure that you blend your foundation correctly. you can wear jewelry that will hide your double chin rather than emphasize it. Cut your hair that de-emphasizes your double chin. Wear clothes that will caught away attention from the chin area go for v neck it makes you neck appear elongated

R
R
[quote=Connie - ADD/Sandwiches]Great advice! You seem like a practical problem solver. Welcome to BellaOnline. [/quote] Really a practical and a very appreciative solution! We need such solvers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.