Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
It's that time of year again, and being down with a flu bug this week has me behind on Christmas shopping. But with a few weeks left, there's still time for on-line shopping.

This year I'm trying to support small businesses with my holiday dollars, and this week's article includes some "Native" ones.

Native American Gifts On-line

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Avatar: Feather Dance Bustle - Men's Regalia
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
There are so many reputable websites run by individual artists and traders, and family operated businesses with excellent customer service and quality authentic and handmade merchandise.

Here's a few more, and please share your referrals and recommendations with us too.

The Eastern Cherokee of NC have one of the oldest artist co-ops, founded in 1946. Fine quality, but less selection than I had anticipated. All items are crafted by Tribal members.
Qualla Arts and Crafts

The Indian Arts and Crafts Act is well intentioned legislation, but can be quite confusing in the real world. It forces those of American Indian heritage and not members of federal recognized tribes to label and market their products in somewhat vague terms. This is not indicative of lower quality or craftsmanship, only the absence of an ID card.

Unless you are looking to purchase only items certified as American Indian made, the best rule of thumb is to buy what you like, what speaks to you in some way.

Native Treasures features the beading skills of one artist in Santa Rosa CA, with great prices on earrings. Some include porqupine quills and dentalium shells.
Native Treasures

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Some websites will have information on the artists such as their tribal affiliation, and others don't. It could be a personal preference, or as a result of marketing restrictions.

Some websites may have less of a variety as most of their business is custom orders, but could have exactly what you're looking for. Don't skip the "small" ones, they can have the best deals.

Six Directions Traders is a family business with an excellent variety of beadwork in traditional, seasonal and military themes. Their beaded Veteran Feathers are impressive. Click on Products to browse and link to their Art Fire store to purchase.
Six Directions Traders

Raven's Relics is another family run business which offers hand crafted knives of exceptional quality. They also have a selection of jewelry and beadwork. The beaded Grand Daddy Long Legs Spider is on my wish list!
Raven's Relics

Jane Winkler, Editor
Native American Site
NativeAmericanForum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
One local to me is Wandering Bull out of Attleboro MA, they are also on the Pow Wow circuit here and have all manner of supplies as well as hand crafted items from roaches, bustles, and breast plates to jewelry, kits, and patterns.

They also have links to local pow wows as well as the New England pow wow schedule.

The Wandering Bull

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Greetings, Thank you for including my shop link. I just got signed up on here, so I am still figuring it out :) wrulf

Moderated by  Sacred Tobacco Woman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.