Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
K
Gecko
Gecko
K
You're right, Sunshine--depression is a condition, and not a definition of who we are.

So glad that you're doing so well! Wishing you continued success... smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
U
U
I've lost my mother, lost my best friend and other significant people in my life. My children are all adults and on their own. My husband of 37 years is doing his thing. I retired a year ago. I thrived on feeling needed and now I feel lost and abandoned and the feeling of loneliness is overwhelming. I am refusing to take anti-depressants. Took one for three days and hated the way I felt. I'm looking for natural ways to deal with these feelings. Right now I am trying Rhodiola and hoping it works.

Koala
Koala
I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so down...sometimes it is so hard to feel better. Have you thought about starting a new hobby? Having something to look forward to every day helps me a lot. Connie

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Useless
I've lost my mother, lost my best friend and other significant people in my life. My children are all adults and on their own. My husband of 37 years is doing his thing. I retired a year ago. I thrived on feeling needed and now I feel lost and abandoned and the feeling of loneliness is overwhelming. I am refusing to take anti-depressants. Took one for three days and hated the way I felt. I'm looking for natural ways to deal with these feelings. Right now I am trying Rhodiola and hoping it works.

I've had clinical depression since I was 16.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I have had that feeling sometimes of just wanting to throw in the towel. For those of us who suffer with depression with any type of regularity, feelings like this can sometimes come up out of nowhere. Or we get caught up with feelings about situations so much that it consumes us.

I have battled depression since I was very young, seeking out my own counseling when I was a teenager. Through my life I have had other periods of counseling. As a kid I lived with a father who had paranoid schizophrenia and he had other mentally ill siblings as well. Mental illness can be genetic. My sister, brother, and I all have battled depression at one time or another. My sister even had anxiety/panic attacks. She tried medications in the past and suffered bad side effects. I don't want to take meds unless it gets down to the point of where I can't function.

Depression is very tiring and you can feel a lack of ambition, even for things you used to enjoy doing. It does not mean that someone who suffers with this condition does not have dreams or goals. We would love to be able to take things light and get things done. I am surprised at some of the lack of sensitivity here with a few people who feel that they have all of their ducks in a row, and could never imagine having feelings of hopelessness and helplessness that such a sometimes debilitating illness can bring.

I say good for you. People who suffer from depression only wish to be like you with your energy and perseverance for life. If you have been fortunate enough not to suffer from depression it is common that you would not "get it", but at least have a little sensitivity for those people who have no choice in the matter. Counseling and medication can only help so much. Sometimes great success is reached with these methods, sometimes not. In any event, depression is not a choice. None of us would choose this.

Personally I am always fighting it and trying to rise above it. It is not easy to live with depression (and it certainly is not easy for the ones we live with) and some days are very bad where I can't see a positive light in sight. All I can do is take life one day at a time, and if I have a few non-productive days here and there I just try a little more the next day to stay positive and move ahead.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Koala
Koala
We need a like button

~anonymous~
Koala
Koala
That way I could like your post

~anonymous~
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
conniem....can you clarify? I don't understand what you mean.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Koala
Koala
On Facebook if you like something someone writes there is a button to click and it shows everyone that you like what that person said....I just really could identify with what you said...

~anonymous~
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Got it. I am not on facebook so I didn't understand the button concept. Thanks conniem.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.