Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
What's your thought on the subject!

Should women be allowed to serve in the military?

Last edited by TCW; 11/06/11 08:41 PM.

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Women should be allowed to if they want to fight and join the military then by all means. It's not new. In fact in the first world war...Russia had their own women fighting in the front.

I have to say I wish them luck if they do serve in the military. God Bless them. As they are just as strong as the men.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I believe that women should fight if men have to fight.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Yes, I believe they should be allowed to serve. Women have played a vital role in war far longer than we think from espionage to support at many levels.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hello Vi, Connie, and Sirene,

I agree to certain point. They should be allowed to serve but not participate in combat. I love the supportive role we play in the military. It's like the method to the madness, brain to the bronze etc.... Women are better thinkers, we think strategically, and can be better planners. The high ranking positions that we have give us the ability to be very supportive to our country. We teach, direct, and lead the process for the military we just don't fight. We are the ones that help put things back together after the fighting has been done. The work that we do is very gratifying and therefore should not be taken lightly. Because of our supportive role the military and our country is so worth the role we play. Keep in mind it's not that we are weaker than the average man, or not quite as strong as some of them, but yet seasoned. We raise our children well, we teach nurturing so much better, we care for the world and we make so many sacrifices - this we do because of how we as women are wired. Which in turn makes our fight so much greater. And that is my personal opinion.

Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I don't think they should serve. Not for any frailty or fault of the female soldier, but because the U.S. military is notoriously bad at protecting them from their male comrades.

The statistics for sexual assault in the military is about 1 in 3, compared to 1 in 6 in civilian life. Less than 10% of those reported are prosecuted. If a female soldier is assaulted by a male soldier, she can be in for some pretty terrible treatment from her employer. Nothing is more important to them than quieting her.

On paper the army has wonderful guidelines on how to treat a sexual assault victim. It's been my experience to see that they don't follow them. They are typically drug through the mud, moved to a different duty station, and their sense of any sort of stability is undermined until they find themselves giving up their military career in order to survive.

I've witnessed this in the treatment of a family member and I would never encourage a woman to join the military. The violation after the assault was worse than the assault. She couldn't even get a day off work - instead going into public with bruises on her throat from the strangling. After she was out of the army, on a discharge of failure to adapt to military life, many of the people in her chain of command were reprimanded for their handling of the situation. No charges were filed because she didn't fight hard enough and didn't scream loud enough.

The dorms were coed and they still are. She was brought into a room with her rapist and had to say, in front of him and her 3 C.O.s what he did to her before she was allowed to talk with a chaplain. The military pushed her to confront him, then said she didn't fight hard enough to call it rape - and while he lied that he knew her, then said he did but didn't rape her, then said he had consensual sex with her... her bruises and injuries were written up as probably due to rough consensual sex.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Thank you for sharing. I am sorry she experienced such acts, I have had women tell me both good and bad experiences and yet they still serve. They are to be commended for the many sacrifices they make and the acts of cruelty they undergo. The thought behind the choice they make to go in is remarkable and all for their country. Thank you for sharing1 And a big thanks to the women that has served under peace and wartime. Again thanks for dropping by and sharing!

Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love

Moderated by  Tuculia, Daughters Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.