logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#689172 05/21/11 12:23 PM
OP Offline
Hello friends, Its great feeling to talking with you people. What you think about career in Technical Support?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
Technical Support is used in several different contexts in information technology - it can be the library scientist who is involved in determining how items should be cataloged, an entry-level job working at a call-center or help desk, a mid- to upper-level job in a Mainframe shop or operations center, etc. These are all good jobs if that is what interests you (or in some cases, if you are looking to break into the field in the case of the entry-level jobs). Which are you thinking of?

Julie

Amoeba
Amoeba
My concern with a career in technical support would be that many companies are offshoring technical support. While eventually this usually costs them in customers (people irritated that the person who answers their call can't help or has a heavy accent that they can't understand), in the short-term it often saves them in dollars.

I do know folks who work in customer support (in the U.S.) who love it. They say they love the feeling of being able to fix someone's problem and don't mind how many doors they have to knock on to find the answer to the problem.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Well when it comes to technical support .. that doesn't only mean receiving calls..
There are many designation in it, when it comes to MNC companies!!
But its not easy to get a good technical job.. but its easy to find a customer support job...
For technical support we need great experience as well as good knowledge to build a career..
Its beneficial for IT students or computer science students... !!

E
E
Technical support agents help customers resolve hardware and software issues. While many technical service agents operate over the phone, many more operate from a service center or make house and business calls.

A
A
i definitely would stay clear of this unless you are driving around fixing computer problems at peoples houses. You can remote administrate from any country in the world to a computer in your office. So landing a job in technical support with good pay may be difficult.

Tiger
Tiger
I would be careful when doing calls from someone's home if you are female. Too many weird folks out there and snatching up folks in broad daylight. Ladies, enjoy this line of work, that is what life is about, but use wisdom as far as what locations you travel to.

S
S
It is a nice start but can be boring after sometime and you will have to learn in all ages to adopt the profession.

Last edited by Smear; 12/27/11 07:34 AM.
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
there are a lot of new idea,it gives me inspiration.

T
T
Tech Support is great if you have the technical skills and love working with people. The skills combination is unique because most techies can't work with people and most of those who can work with people aren't technical enough. Of course, it depends on what exactly you are supporting. I myself have worked as Tech Support for software companies and I can say I loved it when the software was well-written and hated it when we had so many bugs that users were rightfully mad at us.

Moderated by  Maria - Computer Careers 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.