logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Mark Zuckerberg at Startup School 2011

I'm listening to Mark Z right now talk about starting a business. His interview is fascinating especially since I can't stand FB smile

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I'll have to check that out. Thanks for sharing. Is it filled with irony? wink

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Irony? Not so much for me (I still think FB and social networking is silly) but Fearless Entrepreneurial Genius and Moxy? Absolutely! He spoke about FB a little. He spoke about starting a business and daring to do what you are passionate about a lot! It was very inspiring. I'm writing about it today for my life purpose inspiration site.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I had to listen to this interview 3 times to grab some great quotes for my blog post and there was one thing Zuckerberg said that was very ironic.

"The last 5 years of social networking have been about getting people connected. The next 5-10 years are going to be about what are all the things we can build now that we have all these connections in place. The real story is not going to be how much time people spend on FB." Ironic for sure that he's saying this!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 11/02/11 05:54 PM.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I think when you do something, great or popular, it might not be perfect but I'm sure there is much learned having accomplished it.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yes he talked about this a lot too. My favorite quotes of his were "You're better trying something and having it not work and then learning from that than having not done anything at all."

"You can be so bad at so many things and learn along the way and as long as you stay focused on how you're providing value to your customers/visitors then you get through all that stuff."

"You don't get judged by the mistakes. People don't remember those years from now. They remember the things that you did that were good."

A
A
from what i read about mark zuckerberg, most of his advisors told him what to do and how to do it. facebook wasn't even his own idea. He got sued by twin brothers for 67 million, and lost another lawsuit to his friend for an undisclosed amount. I think what mark zuckerberg was good at was taking an idea and figuring out how to stretch it into something bigger.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This is a great point admin. I think you can have an idea (like the two brothers) but if you don't have vision or the tech skills to execute it then it will go nowhere or stay very small.

I think Zuckerberg like most entrepreneurs has vision and like he said the details just work themselves out if you can see beyond what's in front of you.

I know that was the case with my site and my new site too. I knew I wanted to offer free workouts for people online without tying it to a membership or requiring that people jump through hoops to get the info (like many sites do). I wasn't sure how I would accomplish this but I could picture it and having that vision made it a reality.

All the things I needed to make it happen just started coming into my life. I am a huge believer in law of attraction. I think that is what sets apart a great entrepreneurs who gets both personal and financial satisfaction from their work from the rest of the people who may have an idea that never goes anywhere.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.