#620917 08/25/10 10:36 PM
S
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
S
Let me apologize ahead of time...I don't know the first thing about scrapbooking. My mom just celebrated her 85th birthday with an amazing party. She handed me a huge bag of favors, napkins, photos, confetti, etc and asked me to make a scrapbook. Of course I said yes having absolutely no idea what I was signing up for. Now what? Is there a special book and tools I need to buy. What exactly qualifies as a scrapbook? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sandy Eggers
BellaOnline Golf Website Forum
BellaOnline Tennis Website Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Wow! That is awesome! She gave you a lot of items to put into a scrapbook that beginners don't think to add.
There are different styles and sizes of scrapbooks. If you want to put all of these items for this one event into a single book, you can probably get away with smaller size book. You don't need a special book, but they are nice.
If you want it to last, not turn yellow and the papers break down in ten years, you will want to get acid-free, archival quality papers and adhesives from a good supplier.
There are great online guides to give you some direction, like the one associated with this forum, here is the link to the starter article:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am new to scrapbooking too even though I have many albums, pages, and supplies. But I'm determined to make my daughter a scrapbook at least of her time in pre-school and then next year kindergarten.

My mom had made me a scrapbook of all my kindergarten artwork and papers. I loved looking through that when I was a kid.

Lynn Little
Board Games
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I started scrapping primarily to preserve and pass on family memories. My mom did a lot of genealogy, so it is sort of like I am continuing where she stops. It really is great for kids and even adults to have these albums.
There are occasional scrapping weekend retreats I go on, tht is when most of my scrapping gets done. Otherwise, it just sits in piles.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
A
A
Anyone that scrapbooks should invest in a Cricut and Cricut Design Studio. You don't have to buy all those cartridges, with the software you can do just about any type of cutout you want.

Moderated by  M McVaney - Scrapbooking 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.