Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I want to buy an ebook reader. Can anyone suggest me a good option which I can carry with me while traveling? So it should be light in weight.
Please help, anyone.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I absolutely love my Kindle, but a lot of people have issues with Amazon taking over the world, which I can completely understand. Since they're in so many places these days, I would go to a store - office supply, Best Buy, B&N storefront - and play with a few in person. You can get a feel for the devices and see which ones are more intuitive for you.

O
O
eBooks.. Kindles.. iPads.. Lets talk getting back to the basics.. the good old fashion "paper back book" My wife has developed a fear of losing these books for ever.. not being able to physically hold a paper book in her hands.. and she hits the library most every weekend bringing home nearly 20 books each time.. Is she going over board?.. Nit but having books printed on paper is a growing concern.. There must be an easier way.. Rice paper. Fabric.. Something other then having a flat screen device in your hands.. I guess I'm not a big fan of books anyway.. Be it ebooks ereader or a real paper back.. I feel that the authors who write these books are corrupting the minds of their readers with half truths. In particular.. Books on the metaphysical properties of rocks, gems, stones and crystals.. each author has their own take on what these minerals can and can't do for the user or healer.. If the books are to be used.. They should be used strictly as a reference to what the stone is and not what it can do.. leave that to the reader to decide. I've written many articles on the subject and because of my views and plagiarism, I was forced to remove them from the internet.

Last edited by WizardOfTheStone; 11/01/11 09:15 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Well, I'm a fan of the iPad/iPhone, mostly because there are so many other uses for them besides just reading. I use both the Kindle app and the iBooks app. I think a Kindle would be handy since it is more portable though.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I really love my kindle but I have no problem with Amazon. I am an affiliate of theirs and love to see the make money:) I'm thinking of trying the Kindle Fire when it comes out as it's cheaper than the other iPads.

jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi, I live in India. So basically I have to get a Kindle shipped-that is if I buy it. And the only site where I can actually see it, virtually of course, is Amazon. I have no chance to 'feel' the real product before buying it. :-|
These Kindle guys should really set up a store in India. The market here is huge.

jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Vi - Blogs/Social Network
Well, I'm a fan of the iPad/iPhone, mostly because there are so many other uses for them besides just reading. I use both the Kindle app and the iBooks app. I think a Kindle would be handy since it is more portable though.

Could you tell me what are the Kindle app and the iBooks app respectively?

jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Cricket - Headaches
I absolutely love my Kindle, but a lot of people have issues with Amazon taking over the world, which I can completely understand. Since they're in so many places these days, I would go to a store - office supply, Best Buy, B&N storefront - and play with a few in person. You can get a feel for the devices and see which ones are more intuitive for you.

Hi, I live in India. So basically I have to get a Kindle shipped-that is if I buy it. And the only site where I can actually see it, virtually of course, is Amazon. I have no chance to 'feel' the real product before buying it. :-|
These Kindle guys should really set up a store in India. The market here is huge.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
In the Apple itunes store you can download free apps to your device to read books. So I have the Kindle app to view books I purchased online at Amazon on my iPad or iPhone, and even on my PC.

iBooks is Apple's own eBook reader. I actually like how I can organize books in the iBook app.

The Kindle app is probably available on other smart phones too, Amazon probably advertises which devices you can download it to.

I didn't even know you could see a Kindle in a store in the states. smile

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
jodiemt Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Originally Posted By: HealthyMom62
I really love my kindle but I have no problem with Amazon. I am an affiliate of theirs and love to see the make money:) I'm thinking of trying the Kindle Fire when it comes out as it's cheaper than the other iPads.

Hi, HealthyMom62,
Actually, even I was thinking of buying the Kindle Fire. But I am not sure whether the Wi-Fi, the live streaming of movies and stuff or other downloading features will work here in India. I'm from India, by the way. Do you have any idea about that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Laura - DTP/Ebooks 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.